Problems Receiving Free National Geographic Book?

Couponluvr

We booked our 12/06 Grand Princess cruise back in Feb 06 referring to a mailer saying we would get our choice of their selection of free National Geographic books with booking. We chose, we booked and we sailed. After we got back (and before Xmas) we received a letter from Princess saying the book should be on our doorstep any day now. On Jan. 16 I called Princess wondering where the book was and they said there was a backlog and we should get it in a couple weeks. Now today I call again and they can't help me since "it's past my cruise date" and that I need to fax a formal letter to Princess to start an inquiry as to where my book is! It thought this was ridiculous. I asked the guy why I should have to go through so much trouble to get a book that was due almost two months ago. He said I need to fax a letter and that's it. I have e-mailed my TA to handle it for me. I wondered if anyone else out there is having the same trouble as me or if they've received their book. We also had trouble getting our full shipboard credit and finally got the balance of $75 refunded to our credit card a couple weeks ago. Arrgh! I'm not happy with Princess!

A few months ago we received a thick Nat Geo book of pictures. More a table book than reading. We had no idea why we got the book and did not remember ordering the thing. There was no bill or receipt inside. Now maybe I know why we got the book as we booked a cruise last Spring for a cruise next month. Sure do not remember anything about a book.

I saw on my itinerary that there was to be a book delivered to my room upon our arrival on the Dawn on the 14th of January. It was called 'through the lens'. No book, so I waited a few days, and still no book. :( We went to the pursers desk and took the print-out to show them (glad I'd brought it with me). After a lot of people came to see the paper, and no one knowing anything about it, they finally sent us off and said they'd call our room with information. The final word was that Princess would mail it to our home. So we'll see....... odd no one on the ship knew a thing about it. Will contact my TA if I don't get it within a reasonable amount of time. She's a peach :D .

• 3 months later...

I was looking through my old threads and thought I should update this one.

I finally got a letter in March from Princess stating that they never received any of my emails and letters but they would forward my problem for resolution to Captain's Circle.

Well, guess what? Still nothing. My cruise was last June! Boo hoo.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived