holiday cruise question

gatripletmom

My friend and dh and 7yo triplet girls are going on the Holiday leaving out of Mobile, Al, on Feb 17. She wanted me to ask a couple of questions. This is their first cruise.

If you have cruised at this time of year, is it cold leaving the port and for the first several hours??? Can you actually go swimming or anything like that?

Also, for dining, she was thinking of having her girls wear some sort of casual dress, can they wear nice dressy flip flops or are sandals a better match?

Thanks in advance,

Kris

We will be joining you on the 17th! This will be my 4th cruise on the Holiday and have enjoyed them all. Weather in Mobile can vary quite a lot in February; have seen temps in the 70's, but more likely it will be in the 60's when the ship sails around 4 PM, so I don't expect the pool to be operational until Sunday. As for dining room dress I'd go with the dresses and sandals. Hope to see you on board!

That cruise is right around the corner, so yep, I'm sure it'll be a bit brisk for the first day or so. No swimming, I'd think. I'm sure the little girls will have a great time anyway - until it gets warm enough for the pool. Camp Carnival should keep them happy-happy!

For b'fast and lunch, the flipflops would be fine in the dining room, but I'd opt for sandals for evening meals.

My friend and dh and 7yo triplet girls are going on the Holiday leaving out of Mobile, Al, on Feb 17. She wanted me to ask a couple of questions. This is their first cruise.

If you have cruised at this time of year, is it cold leaving the port and for the first several hours??? Can you actually go swimming or anything like that?

Also, for dining, she was thinking of having her girls wear some sort of casual dress, can they wear nice dressy flip flops or are sandals a better match?

Thanks in advance,

Kris

Just got off today..was cold n damp leaving, and even really chily this morning. But dont let it effect your sail away...dress the girls warm..and gio to the lido for hot Chocolate..was the best service ever after 4 trips since Sept, and one in 3 wks..yahoo..

I was wondering about the weather as well...we will be on the 2/17/07 Holiday cruise with 2 girls (13 & 9). We were on an Alaskan cruise a few years back and had to bring both warm & cold weather clothing. Seems like we may need to have at least a windbreaker for about a day and a 1/2 on this Holiday Cruise. Weather.com says currently that it will be in the low 60's on departure day. And I assume it will still be a little brisk on Sunday A.M. in the middle of the Gulf. You won't hear me fussing though...I'll take a cool day on a cruise over a warm day stuck in the office any time. :D See ya on board!

The weather here in Mobile has been in the upper 60's to the low 40's. Here is the web address for a local news channel. www.wkrg.com They are a great source for weather information here.

Also remember you are coming in on Mardi Gras Weekend. If you are coming in a day early make sure to see the parade that night. Also if you have not made hotel reservations yet, GOOD LUCK. They will be hard to come by right now. However, there is a brand new hotel, Hampton Inn at Providence park that would probably have a room available. It is about 10 miles from the port but in good location of town. it would also be away from all the Mardi Gras activities. You can get more information on Mardi Gras in Mobile for the above website also.

The girls will be fine in thier dresses. Have fun and enjoy your cruise.

Archived