Best Snorkel and Dive islands?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Best Snorkel and Dive islands?

• San Juan
    • Tortola
    • St. Thomas
    • Antigua
    • Nassau

Would you please help me decide which islands we should snorkel and dive on our next cruise?

Our daughter will be nine and is a very experienced with snorkeling from the shore as well as offshore (Hawaiian islands, Grand Caymen and Cozumel off of boats). We will take turns snorkeling with her and diving. But if you can recommend any places where diving and snorkeling can be done simutaneously, that would be great!

Would love to do a shipwreck if there is one you would recommend!

Thanks!

Would you please help me decide which islands we should snorkel and dive on our next cruise?

Our daughter will be nine and is a very experienced with snorkeling from the shore as well as offshore (Hawaiian islands, Grand Caymen and Cozumel off of boats). We will take turns snorkeling with her and diving. But if you can recommend any places where diving and snorkeling can be done simutaneously, that would be great!

Would love to do a shipwreck if there is one you would recommend!

Thanks!

I am most familiar with snorkeling the USVI (especially St. John and St. Croix). Can't really speak to diving and/or wrecks, though. In St. Croix, probably the best is Buck Island. St. John has a multitude of really good snorkeling beaches/reefs (Cinnamon Bay, Salt Pond Bay, Maho Bay, Waterlemon Cay/Leinster Bay, and others). Also, the BVI has some really good sites such as Tortola, Virgin Gorda ("The Baths"), and "The Indians" (although "Indians" requires a chartered tour).

I am most familiar with snorkeling the USVI (especially St. John and St. Croix). Can't really speak to diving and/or wrecks, though. In St. Croix, probably the best is Buck Island. St. John has a multitude of really good snorkeling beaches/reefs (Cinnamon Bay, Salt Pond Bay, Maho Bay, Waterlemon Cay/Leinster Bay, and others). Also, the BVI has some really good sites such as Tortola, Virgin Gorda ("The Baths"), and "The Indians" (although "Indians" requires a chartered tour).

This is so great! We are going to both St. Thomas and Tortola. I guess from St. Thomas you can take the ferry over to St. John's. If you had to pick a place in St. Thomas/St. John and in Tortola to snorkel, where which would you choose?

Thanks so much!!!

Archived