snorkeling in St Maartin?

jsd0330

Has anyone ever done the Catamaran Snorkel & Beach With Lunch in St Maartin? I would like to know if there are good places to snorkel on this excursion. This is an expensive excursion to me and I would like to make sure we see some colorful fish.

Do you know where it goes to? I have snorkeled at Divi at little bay and there is not that much there unless you swim all the way out to where the boats with scuba divers anchor. There are a couple of small wrecks there with some fish, but they are not that colorful. On the plus side the water was calm with little current so it was safer especially for weak swimmers - something people should not over look.

I have been trying to research St Maarten for good places to snorkel from the shore (I get sea sick on small boats). While someone who has actually been on the excursion would provide better information, if you tell me what area the trip goes to I could let you know what if any info I have found on that area.

Archived