Why No Car Rentals from Budget?

IMCSICK

I asked this question in another thread but was afraid no one would see it.

I've read lots of replies on the car rental threads that all mention Dollar, Thrifty, or Alamo -- why doesn't anyone rent from Budget? I checked their website and they seem to have competitive rates and a call to their rental locations confirmed they have a shuttle pick-up at the pier. Why no love for Budget? :confused:

We rented from Budget. My husband is going to be on Oahu for the week while we cruise- and then we are all staying for another week. I rented his car for 15 days and ours (2 of them) for 8 days all through Costco's website from Budget and got a very good deal. Also- rented from Budget- also thru Costco- on Maui. Did Priceline on Kauai and Hilo-

We are renting from Budget (through Costco) in June/July on both Kauai and Oahu. I got quotes from all of the major car rental agencies and Budget came through as the cheapest for both islands. We are renting a "full-size" category car.

Best wishes,

Michelle

I just rented from Budget today for my Honolulu visit. I am picking it up from the Hyatt Regency in Waikiki. Pricing was very good and I could just take a taxi there and get an earlier start than waiting for the shuttles.

I used Costco as well! Went ahead and booked for all the islands. Rented full-size in HNL because of the luggage, but got compact on the other islands as the price of fuel is so high...thought it would be nice to have something that gets decent gas mileage.

I also spoke with the HNL Budget office and they confirmed they have been providing a shuttle (on a test basis) from their location back to the cruise terminal on Sat., Sun. & Mon. I believe she said the times were 4:30, 5:30, and 6:30. Our original plan was to do some sight-seeing (we get in the day before) have hubby drop us and the bags off at the pier, return the rental, and just take the city bus back. It will be nice if he can take the shuttle instead. Also, because it isn't a permanent thing yet -- be sure and call closer to your sail date to see if they are still providing the service.

Archived