Price drop.

tgjr

We booked and payed our cruise long time ago, but prices seams to be lower and lower as closer we go to the departure date.

Do RCCL has a guarranty on prices so we will have the difference added to our onboard account?

We booked and payed our cruise long time ago, but prices seams to be lower and lower as closer we go to the departure date.

Do RCCL has a guarranty on prices so we will have the difference added to our onboard account?

If it is the same category cabin that you booked, give then a call for the credit!:D

As Suzcruiz said, if it is in your category you can call (or if you used a TA, have them call) and get the $$ back on your credit card. There are times when it may be to your advantage to move up categories to get a price less than what you paid for your current category.

:D I would call RCI verses watching their web site. Last weekend, I called to ask about an additional room for my father-in-law. The website listed the same price that I had paid when I booked. The agent immediately told me that the cost had gone down and that there was an additional discount for being a Wisconsin resident. He immediately offered to give the discount for my two rooms. It totaled to $100 per person (x4).

I was amazed that getting the credit was effortless. Since I had already paid for everything, they just credited back to my credit card.

RCCL usually will have price drops when a certain category on a certain ship is not selling well. For example, on my Jewel cruise next week I've gotten 3 price drops for my inside cabin BUT there have been no price drops for balconies - because those sold out fast.

RCCL is usually very good about giving you a refund if the price drops on your cruise, even if it is after final payment, but you have to call to ask for the refund. The one caution is that if it is a Happy Hour Special then those are for new bookings only and they will not give the price drop - the Happy Hour specials are only available on Tuesdays.

RCCL usually will have price drops when a certain category on a certain ship is not selling well. For example, on my Jewel cruise next week I've gotten 3 price drops for my inside cabin BUT there have been no price drops for balconies - because those sold out fast.

RCCL is usually very good about giving you a refund if the price drops on your cruise, even if it is after final payment, but you have to call to ask for the refund. The one caution is that if it is a Happy Hour Special then those are for new bookings only and they will not give the price drop - the Happy Hour specials are only available on Tuesdays.

There is a web site that lists the Happy Hour Specials?

Archived