Four in an inside cabin: Are we crazy?

Globeguy

My wife and I are looking at a 15 day cruise with two little kids. One will be almost four; the other will be 1 1/2.

We will be travelling with my parents and two sisters, so we'll have lots of help.

But we're wondering if we'll go mad in our inside stateroom, since the younger one will be back in the room for afternoon naps, etc.

How does the third bed work? Is there room for the playpen so it's not totally in the way?

We've cruised before (with NCL and HAL), including a trip with a one year old in a playpen, but we're worried that with two on such a long cruise we'll be so cramped it won't feel like a holiday.

Thanks in advance for any help!

It depends a great deal on what sort of cabin you have. On an average inside or outside cabin, usually the 3rd person would be in a bunk that folds down on a side wall. It has a rail on the side to keep the occupant from falling. Some ships have a couch or fold-away bed instead. I don't know what the cribs look like, but there should be enough room for one without being too obtrusive. You could always store it on top of one of the other beds when not in use. But probably all 4 of you will not be in the cabin at the same time very much.

We took an inside cabin with 4 people on NCL Spirit three years ago for 10 days. The kids were 4 and 7. It was tight but we managed with out anyone getting on each others nerves. The room had two lower beds, one upper bed that folder down at night, and finaly one that pulled out from under one of the lower beds. Even if we did not have the pull out under neath a lower bead there was no way a crib would have fit in that room. It was SMALL! The shower on the other hand was BIG!!! My husband and I could both fit at once and we are pretty big people.

REMEBER, different ships have different size rooms and layouts.

My wife and I are looking at a 15 day cruise with two little kids. One will be almost four; the other will be 1 1/2.

We will be travelling with my parents and two sisters, so we'll have lots of help.

But we're wondering if we'll go mad in our inside stateroom, since the younger one will be back in the room for afternoon naps, etc.

How does the third bed work? Is there room for the playpen so it's not totally in the way?

We've cruised before (with NCL and HAL), including a trip with a one year old in a playpen, but we're worried that with two on such a long cruise we'll be so cramped it won't feel like a holiday.

Thanks in advance for any help!

My thought would only be, I think it might drive me a bit batty if I in a room with no where to go during naps. For this reason alone I would consider a balcony

My thought would only be, I think it might drive me a bit batty if I in a room with no where to go during naps. For this reason alone I would consider a balcony

thisis the reason we ended up upgrading to a balcony.

we are on princess caribbean. our children will be 4 & 6

we made sure our quad had 2 upper berths, not one upper berth and then them bringing in a cot (too small of a room to accomodate a cot all night long in my opinion).

our kids won't nap during the day but i imagine they will play hard all day and crash at night. at the very latest we will probably be up until 10pm and then the kids klub closes.

so we wanted to at least have a SMALL escape area... a balcony to order some roomservice sandwich and drink some wine when our kids crash to sleep at night.

Archived