Bungy cord trick

eiger

Looking for some additional instructions on the bungy cord idea to keep the balcony door open. We are sailing on the Ecstasy in April, on our last cruise on the Fantasy we were in a Cat 12 and could not find anything to hook the bungy cord to. I know this appears to be trivial, but I love cuising with the balcony door open. We will again be in a cat 12, so I would think the cabin is the same. Help!! Thanks:)

Honestly, I tried it, and from now on won't even bother. When your balcony door is open, air from outside starts rushing into the hall through the crack at the bottom of the cabin door, because a wind tunnel is created. Once, we had it open, and our steward knocked on the door and told us to close it because it was making a lot of noise in the hall. Plus, whenever someone opens the cabin door, all the loose papers you may have in your room go rushing into the hall. So my advice is to not even bother packing them.

Pat

eiger

On the liberty there was a wedge that was on the floor near the door.

When we wanted the door open we just placed the wedge in the

crack where the door is hinged on. Not sure if the Liberty has these

in all rooms or not. We tried bungy cords before and they are a pain.

eiger

On the liberty there was a wedge that was on the floor near the door.

When we wanted the door open we just placed the wedge in the

crack where the door is hinged on. Not sure if the Liberty has these

in all rooms or not. We tried bungy cords before and they are a pain.

We did this on the Legend as well. It was the block the steward used when he was cleaning the room.

We did this on the Legend as well. It was the block the steward used when he was cleaning the room.

dansue

Do you think every room has one of these wedges? That's the first

one we had ever seen on any carnival ship and in fact were surprised

to find it.

Your cabin will get so hot and fast, you will probably wont want to keep it open after that. Also becareful about the door, they Slam hard and fast. One lady on our last criuse missed our Roll Call Meet and Greet on Lido sail away party because the balcony door slammed close on her foot.:(

When we kept the balcony door open with the cord, I placed a beach towel along the threshold of the cabin door to block the airflow going out under the door into the hallway. That stopped the wind-noise problem, and also reminded us to close the balcony door before opening the cabin door and thus we didn't have to accidentally suffer the wind-tunnel effect!

I loved having the balcony door open. I didn't run the A/C while it was open, and I didn't think it got too hot. Humid, yes! But I didn't leave it open for long periods of time, and the beach-towel-method really helped with the problems mentioned above.

dansue

Do you think every room has one of these wedges? That's the first

one we had ever seen on any carnival ship and in fact were surprised

to find it.

My guess would be yes, as they use them to keep the doors open while they clean the cabins. It makes it easier for them to go independently from room to room.

we just returned from the victory, and kept our balcony door open all the time

used a 24" bungy, did not need a magnet, the A/C stayed on anyway

no problems with noise in the hall, at times there was a 'wind tunnel' effect, but not always

Mike

we just returned from the victory, and kept our balcony door open all the time

used a 24" bungy, did not need a magnet, the A/C stayed on anyway

no problems with noise in the hall, at times there was a 'wind tunnel' effect, but not always

Mike

As long as you were comfortable.:rolleyes:

Keeping it open every now and then is ok IMO but honestly don't see why anyone would want their cabin feeling like a sauna.:rolleyes:

Archived