Communicating with NCL

kontraxed

I am new to NCL and have been reading these different threads in anticipation of my cruise on March 1st. One thing I noticed is that it seems to be difficult to communicate with NCL. Calling is very difficult and time consuming. Do they do customer satisfaction surveys following each cruise? What about on the ships themselves? Do they listen to concerns and take any actions? I know most people are quick to complain and much slower to offer praise, so I hope we are hearing the exceptions and not the rule of the day. Does NCL review these NCL specific threads? I work for a large company and they are very tuned towards customer satisfaction - how is NCL?

Since I'm most likely gonna get banned for a comment I made in another thread I will answer this question.

The short answer is when you're on the ship and you have a specific and legitimate complaint, then you will get satisfaction IF and only IF you speak to the right person.

Before my last cruise, I called NCL and was on the phone 20+ minutes, most of it on hold. (My phone has a timer.) However, my questions were answered satisfactorily.

As far as being on the ship: yes, they do surveys at the end of the cruise. They read them. I spoke with someone on the last cruise, the hotel director, and she avidly reads CC. So, yes, they do lurk around here and see what we are saying.

The few problems we've ever had cruising, except for one and that's another story itself (it was the whole cruise), were addressed and taken care of. Maybe "problem" is too strong of a word. Issues would be better. And, if it warranted a phone call or a visit to the purser's desk, it got taken care of.

Many times you hear complaints here on the boards about some issue, and sometimes that person did not complain while on the ship. Well, what's the point of complaining here? Should have done so on the ship!

Sometimes you read about NCL (all cruise lines) letting things slide, like chair hogging, unruly children, unruly adults, smoking, kids in hot tub, whatever. I don't think those issues will ever be solved or enforced.

There are many, many good reviews about cruises. It's not all bad. If it were, people wouldn't be cruising like they are now. Plan on enjoying your cruise, and you will.

** I saw a man, when we were going through security at the docks in Charleston, who they made take his shoes off and go through the checkpoint thing. He was so mad because they made him take his shoes off. I mean livid! And I am willing to bet that he didn't enjoy his cruise for at least a couple of days.

The moral? Let small things go and you'll have a blast!

Enjoy your cruise. I wish I had one in March to look forward to, but I have a GRANDBABY coming in March! :)

Shay

Archived