Ft Lauderdale Car Rental

Nymue

I am flying into FLL as well, and am renting a car through Hertz. All, o rmost of the car rental agencies have the cars right in the adjoining parking garage. The major rental companies let you drop the car off at Miami Int'l, and will bus you to the cruise terminal at no charge. Hertz has a location in Downtown Miami, which has shuttles running every 10 minutes to the port. If you have AAA, Hertz will give you 10% off as well. I'm sure there are other rental companies that give better rates, but since I'm travelling with my 3 year old, they also give a free car seat as well.

Depending on when you're going, rates can get expensive. We're leaving on 2/23, and are staying in the Ft. Lauderdale area for the weekend, with a 2/25 cruise, and the rental is about $180. We are also renting a car on disembarkation day to get back to FLL, since our flight is at 5PM. It is also running about $80 (cab service back to FLL is about $75 plus tip).

Hope this helps!

Archived