Best place to see dolphins?

MamaParrotHead

Which areas of the sea/routes, ports do you see the most dolphins? Any particular time of day, temperature/weather/speed od the ship? Any particular part of the ship they're easiest to spot?

I have seen them mostly in the Mexican Riveria cruises, daytime at sea and also before the first formal night around 5pm to 5:30pm on the Starboard side of the ship. You can see them best anywhere high on top, as for speed, the ship was doing 18 knots which is very easy for the Dolphins to keep up. Some times the CD will announce that there are dolphins or whales of the side of the ship.

We saw a ton of dolphins on or Mex Riviera cruise last month, near Cabo. They really put on a show!! The seas were pretty calm, it was mid day and we were going past Cabo on our way to PV. There were a lot of whales, too! But I never did see any in the Carib...

I am echoing what the other cruisers said about the Mexican Riviera trip. We saw dolphins around Cabo San Lucas at noon. They were jumping along side the ship...really close too. I was down on deck 3 and they were right outside the window. It was very cool. I heard some people say that they like to "lead" the ship at the bow, so that is a good place to see them, but I was at the aft of the ship and there were quite a few.

We saw dolphins on one of our cruises out of Port Canaveral. They were playing in what looked like a shallow bay. The wind blew hubby's cap overboard (as we watched the dolphins) and the standing family joke is that we are going to cruise out of that port again one day and see a dolphin wearing his hat.

On our trip on Carnival Destiny, we saw a huge pod of dolphins playing, and they joined our bow wave, on either side of the ship. They played for about 20 minutes until the ship slowed down to manuever into the port at Dominica. We then saw them again when we did the whale watch. Actually saw a 4045 foot long sperm whale. Our photos will show you how close we were. It was amazing. Cruisestrong!

Archived