Looking for a beach

melgray13

We want to do a beach day when we're in Roatan. We don't need a ship excuision or anything fancy. We're just looking for a nice beach - chairs would be great. What do you recommend and how can I get there if I'm not part of a tour?

We want to do a beach day when we're in Roatan. We don't need a ship excuision or anything fancy. We're just looking for a nice beach - chairs would be great. What do you recommend and how can I get there if I'm not part of a tour?

Grab a taxi at the pier. The drivers speak english. They can give you their recommendations and will pick you up at a specified time. We went to West End Beach, but the more popular spots are West Bay and Tabyanna. Half Moon has a following also.

We will have to go back to Roatan. This is a really neat place.

I've just returned from Roatan and we got eaten alive by sand fleas on West Bay beach, and we had to leave after just 45 minutes. What a waste of money! And personally I thought the beach and environs were slummy. There were visible police but that didn't make me feel very safe and we were constantly approached by locals trying to sell us products and services. The water was not the pretty blue you see in the Virgin Islands either. Before my cruise, I read on another post that ALL the beaches on Roatan excpet for Tabayan have fleas. Guess what? Tabayan was off limits to anyone because Princess booked it for a Princess excursion.

West Bay Beach and Half Moon Bay in Roatan are the pick of the beaches. I would suggest trying an island tour so you can explore both and if the sand fleas are to much you can still check out other things.

West Bay does have some cruiseship excursions on the beach so it can be busy. Though there are some quiet spaces. Sand fleas can be a problem but nothing major just make sure to have some bug spray.

Half Moon Bay a little quieter than West Bay and more laid back, less people. Sand fleas can be there at times but again nothing major, just remember some bu spray.

Have a good day.

Dean

Archived