How do I plan a Valentine's Day surprise?

kf4zra

I would like to set up something like flowers, champagne, etc, to surprise my girlfriend with next week. we are on the miracle.

what would be the best way to set this up without her knowing. I figure i could sneak some champagne, candy and a card in my luggage without her knowing, but how would I get some flowers in the room?

I am also open to any other suggestions to good Valentine's day ideas.

Thanks

I would like to set up something like flowers, champagne, etc, to surprise my girlfriend with next week. we are on the miracle.

what would be the best way to set this up without her knowing. I figure i could sneak some champagne, candy and a card in my luggage without her knowing, but how would I get some flowers in the room?

Thanks

Call the Bon Voyage dept they have lots of things there to deliver.. good luck:)

Thanks

check the bon voyage gifts under the gifts tab on carnival.com. they have pictures of what they offer, along w/ prices. it's a nice way to really see your options. you can always call them to book, if you'd rather book w/ a rep than on line.

Most all ships have a flower shop onboard. Two years ago we were on the Legend for Valentine's Day, which is also my husband's birthday. I couldn't find his card and I searched the luggage and the cabin. No card; I didn't know what to do, I knew I packed it. Anyway, I went to the flower shop and had roses sent to him. The card? It showed up in a zippered lining when we got home.

Thanks

check the bon voyage gifts under the gifts tab on carnival.com. they have pictures of what they offer, along w/ prices. it's a nice way to really see your options. you can always call them to book, if you'd rather book w/ a rep than on line.

Thanks

the flower shop sounds nice. i bet i can sneak away to order some. u think they will deliver them to my room?

People keep saying the Bon Voyage Department.....so listen to them:p

Seriously, on a Valentine cruise I wouldn't want you to be one of those last minute guys and find out they sold out. (They ran out of roses on our Christmas cruise and they don't pick up more in the ports of call).

Go on line or call the Bon Voyage Department. For $48 (less expensive than you can buy on land) you can have a dozen roses in your cabin when you board or they will deliver them to you later in the week.

We ordered some at Christmas that were delivered to my sisters in law. When we were departing Glory in Dec. they were bringing roses to a cabin next to ours for the outgoing cruise. They are a good quality and smell great.

until i heard your post, i thought you could only have the roses delivered in the beginning. i thought the bon voyage gifts were only for the day you left. if i can have them delivered on Valentines day, that would be perfect.

I will call them today.

until i heard your post, i thought you could only have the roses delivered in the beginning. i thought the bon voyage gifts were only for the day you left. if i can have them delivered on Valentines day, that would be perfect.

I will call them today.

Good for you. Good for her;) You sound like a keeper.

We are on the same cruise. I am planning on getting reservations at Nick & Nora's :) on the 14th to surprise my sweetie. We are also bringing our own wine on board. I would never be able to hide that from my wife, so she knows about the wine. Like posted earlier you can get flowers on board or through the Carnival web site at the Bon Voyage Dept. Good luck and I hope to see you at Nick & Noras. BTW, there is a charge:( to dine at Nick and Nora's, but from what I have read, it is well worth it. Good Luck.

Well, just got off the phone with bon voyage. the lady on the phone was adamant that there was no way to have the flowers delivered on valentines day. she kept saying that they dealt with an outside florist, and they could only be delivered the day we leave the home port.

I had mentioned that several others on the cruise critic site said that they had flowers delivered later in the week, but she boldly stated, "Not on Carnival, they didn't"

Im pretty bummed out by hearing this.

i was thinking about going by the flower shop on the boat, but i dont want to get there and find out that they are already sold out. its our first valentines day, and i wanted to surprise her somehow.

anyone got any other ideas?

They will be delivered to the cabin or delivered to your honey while at dinner.

If theydleiver to the cabin-- and you are not there they will just leave them there-- visit the formaliites shop while onboard.

Also you might want to visit the specialty coffee shop that sells pastries etc coz there you can get choc covered strawberries-- 5 of those suckers for 3 bucks..

Bon boyage dept only has select flowers. You can view the stuff on carnival web page-- under gifts. There will be no specia lorders..like a certain color flower-- or a different asst then what they offer.

They also have cakes that can be dleivered.

Archived