Please Help!Looking for a family oriented resort day pass for Ocho Rios March 7

dixie54

We just got off our ship today, unfortunately. On Monday, we were in Montego Bay and went to the Sunset Beach Resort.

The cab ride was $5. Probably should have been $3. On the return, the cabbie inside the gate wanted $8. Outside the gate, a cabbie agreed to $5 so quickly that it made me think $3 might be closer to the right number.

It cost my wife and I $40 US each for a day pass, which includes beach, kayaks, paddle boats, snorkel equip, food (buffet or burgers) and drinks, including beer and probably cocktails. Have no idea about child rates. We did not have a reservation or call in advance.

If I was a kid, I think I would love it. The beach was fine, snorkeling adequate, and I always wanted to try a kayak. But from the buffet on the top of the ship, we saw a castle looking thing with a water slide. Turned out to be the Lazy River at Sunset.

They have 3 pools that I saw, one with a Lazy River incorporated into a castle/pirate kind of theme with 2 water slides. I LIKED the Lazy River. 99.9% of the people seemed to be staying there for some period of time and kids were not uncommon by any means.

As thrifty (or cheap) as I am, $40 per adult seemed a little expensive to me. But I enjoyed it enough that I do not feel ripped off or even sorry we went.

Archived