Voyager June 12 to Baltics

SPKR

Anyone out there signed up for this trip? Are there cruise critic threads speaking about the trip? My husband and I are going to London for two nights, leaving some luggage at the airport, and then want to get back to Gatwick on the 12th in order to catch a Regent transfer to take us to Dover. Has anyone had experience buying your own airfare, going in a few days early, and then hooking up with the cruise lines to get to the port?

Suzie & Myron

We took this cruise last year and it was wonderful! We always fly to our departure port at least one day prior to the cruise. Since we are currently living in England, we only needed to take the train to London the day before the cruise. I hired a driver to take us to the ship the next day. If you have any questions do ask!

Cheers, Pam

Is there a specific train to take from London to Dover? We are staying at the Hilton London Kensington. Will take all our luggage to the hotel instead of leaving any at Gatwick and then going back for it and trying to get a transfer from the airport to ship. Or can you suggest a driving service? Thanks

There is train service from London to Dover. I do not remember which line, but it will be from Paddington or Waterloo station. The company we used last year for our ride to Dover is now called www.portcullis-uk.com Frank Gelder was our contact and we were very pleased with his professional driver who met us at our London hotel and drove us to the pier. The price was around 110 GBP which seemed very fair for the distance.

Cheers, Pam

• 2 weeks later...

We are also going on the June 12th trip. We had thoughts of going to Brussels and then heading to Dover from there but with luggage and all it may be too much to travel that distance.

Likely we will stay in London and take a car to the pier.

Thanks for the tip on the car service ...I will check it out.

My TA says it is better to do private tours but I always heard Regent does the best tours.

Thanks

Marylizbeth

Archived