I loved the Legend - how will I like the Triumph?

Lib0007

I am trying to find an Eastern Caribbean cruise for Thanksgiving week with my husband and five year old son, and am seriously thinking of sailing on the Triumph. The price is definitely right, especiallly when compared to RCI.

We were on the 2nd sailing of the Legend and had a really nice time. The food was "good", not great, but the service was wonderful which was surprising on a new ship. The best part of this cruise was Camp Carnival, which is the primary reason we are considering Carnival again (besides the $).

I know these two ships are totally different, but if I enjoyed the Legend, is it likely we will enjoy the Triumph? I think my husband and I are easy to please, but we really want our son to have a great time (happy kids = great cruise for parents!).

Any comments will be appreciated!!

Libby

We sailed on the Triumph about 3 years ago and had a great time; We did the Western Caribbean. I think you will enjoy this ship. The only problem we had was that it was occassionaly difficult to get an elevator. We sailed the Victory next, it is the same size and layout as the Triumph, we didn't have a problem. Have a great cruise!!

Nancy

I sailed the Victory- sister ship to the triump.

I am not scheduled for the Miracle- sister to the Legend.

The Triumph will be bigger then the legend. Any day on a cruise beats a day at home at work. If you enjoyed your cruise on the Legend you will enjoy the days on Triumph. Your kids will have an absolute best time. Something is always going on somewhere.

Actually the Legend and the Victory are not the same size. The Victory is a Destiny class ship and the Legend is a Spirit class. Stats:

Victory:

Length: 893 ft - Guest Capacity: 2758

Speed: 21 - Tonnage: 101509

Legend:

Length: 963 ft - Guest Capacity: 2124

Speed: 22 - Tonnage: 88500

I've not been on either of these specific ships (although I'm booking the Legend today), but I have been on both class of ships. I hate the Destiny class ships. Everything felt crowded. Spirit class on the other hand is my favorite class of ship. The flow is so much nicer than either the Fantasy or Destiny class ships.

Also, look at the tonnage to passenger ratio. 41.6 tons/pass on the Legend and 36.8 tons/pass on the Victory. The generally translates into more usable space per passenger on the Spirit class ships.

--Reggie

I said the Victory/Triumph is bigger then the Miracle/Legend.

Victory: Length: 893 ft - Guest Capacity: 2758

Speed: 21 - Tonnage: 101509

Miracle: Length: 963 ft - Guest Capacity: 2124

Speed: 22 - Tonnage: 88500

I got these from the Carnival web page and it shows the Miracle a lot smaller then the Victory.

Im impressed because I was under the impression that cruiselines were builidng bigger and better... Carnival went smaller.

We have been on both ships and liked both of them. I liked the Legeond a little better, I think the Pool areas and deck is much better. The triumph had less roll to it The food service etc was the same but the Triumph is a little older and a little more worn. You should like either ship. ! other think the Legeond due to the gally being on a lower floor was easier to get from 1 end to the other.

We were on the Triumph this past April.

Ship is in GREAT shape. Service was excellent. Food, pretty good, but the same as previous cruises.

The counselors we had were the best so far. The kids loved them and they really enjoyed their jobs.

The only downside to the Eastern is the San Juan stop. Useless, in my opinion. We took the kids downtown until sunset and then back to the ship!

Email me at born2crooz@comcast.net with any questions.

Archived