prince rupert at night?

unfortunately, i arrive in prince rupert at 5pm and depart at 10pm. I guess i'm going to take a walk down to Cow Bay, but most of the other things i'd like to do (namely hiking) will probably be off limits that late. am i right? So does anyone have nighttime recommendations? I'm wondering if i should just take a quick walk around, have dinner somewhere special and be back in time for a spa discount.

search function wasn't working so i only searching through the topic titles. apologies if there is more on this in another thread.

Citizen... I don't not want to appear flip here but....people have been asking that question a long time before cruises came to Prince Rupert.

It's still a pretty raw fishing town with some rather questionable bars in which I had more than a few good times earlier in my life :)

The time of arrival makes me believe that this may be more for the "Legality" of a Foreign Port thingy to save the cruise line money's. Your cruise is out of the US right?

Anyways I think the best thing would be to check with the cruise line to see what they can offer at that time of night as purhaps they would be able to set something up you may find interesting.

There are some great attractions such as the Cannery in Port Ed and lots of day time stuff because of the country and surrounding waters like you say.

hahah, well thanks for the tip. i'm not really interested in any of the excursions (especially because the ones i am interested in are probably not offered at night and if they are, no real point to it if you can't see the scenery). i like low key fishing towns, so maybe i'll enjoy the walk around. know the names of any good dive bars?

It's ben quite a while since my hay day. I'm sure all the names have changed. I know one burned down/up. it was in the basement of one of the main streets. I'm sure it's not as bad as "The good Old days" but it will be an experience.

Hope no one from their Chamber reads this :)

PS Post here when you get back will you.

thks

Archived