Cruise Line Restaurant Plan??

KathleenFL

I remember reading somewhere, about a cruise ship that offers its' passengers the choice of eating at certain restaurants in Bermuda, rather than having to come back to the ship -- but I can't remember which ship/cruise line.......

Does anyone know ???

NCL has the 'dine ashore' program. Each passenger gets a voucher that costs $5. It allows you to eat lunch (up to $25) at any one of a list of restaurants on Bermuda. You can upgrade the voucher for $5more to a dinner voucher that is worth $50.

We used ours as lunch vouchers at the Frog and Onion at the Dockyards.

REALLY good deal.........REALLY great pub!!!!! :)

I remember reading somewhere, about a cruise ship that offers its' passengers the choice of eating at certain restaurants in Bermuda, rather than having to come back to the ship -- but I can't remember which ship/cruise line.......

Does anyone know ???

You are refering to Norweigan Cruise Lines dinearound plan. Each passenger in your cabin will get a voucher and your room will be charged $5 for each voucher. If you do not use the voucher, simply return it to the service desk and it will be removed from you onboard account. The $5 voucher is good for up to $25 credit for lunch. If you prefer dinner, you need to ugrade to a dinner voucher which costs $10 ($5 additional) and allows you up to $50 in credit. There is a select list of restaurants which participate in the program. You can only get one voucher per passenger and they are not transferrable as you are supposed to show your ship card when using and signing them. Overall it is a terrrific deal and I can't understand why everyone does not take the time to use them. It allows you to try some restaurants that otherwise might be too expensive. If you need more details, please write.

That was a good explanation of the system, Writeratsea. Thank you.

I have two more questions about the Dine Ashore program.

1) Are you limited to only one voucher per passenger, or can you go back and buy more? (We will have almost 4 days in Bermuda, it would be nice to be able to dine ashore more than once.)

2) Is there a list of participating restaurants anywhere online?

1) Are you limited to only one voucher per passenger, or can you go back and buy more? (We will have almost 4 days in Bermuda, it would be nice to be able to dine ashore more than once.)

1. NO- only one per passenger(and we were in the Owners suite when we asked.

2. yes at the Bermuda site on the old NCL board you could find it. I'll see if its around...

Personally I recommend the Carriage House in St George.

Thanks, everyone!

I'm assuming you've sailed on NCL's Majesty-- what do you think of the ship??

I'm a little concerned about her age & the stateroom sizes -- also, how is the food onboard? (We're considering cat. CC on the Promenade -- would there be a lot of people looking in your window??)

Sid is correct. Each passenger is limited to only one voucher and you can't buy or transfer a voucher from someone else. When you receive the voucher onboard, you also receive a brochure listing the participating restaurants and a sample menu. Some restaurants limit you to a specific menu, others like the Carriage House alow you to order anything you want. The credit is good for food, drinks (non alcaholic) and gratuities. I have not tried the Carriage House, but many people besides Smeyer seem to love the food. Not too expensive for Bermuda and nice atmosphere. It is also located near the ship, a very short walk. The old NCL site used to list the restaurants under Bermuda, perhaps it is still there. :)

Archived