Airfare to Seattle???

lucia1024

Hi

Is there any secret to finding cheap tickets to Seattle? I will be leaving FL to Seattle in May to get to AK. I just can't seem to find any reasonably priced fares from FL. I have tried all of the well know online sites, travelocity, expedia, orbitz, cheaptickets, etc.

Is there a better time or day of the month that tickets go in sale?

Any help would be appreciated. I would rather spend my money on excursions instead of airfare.

Thanks for your help!

What is your idea of "cheap"?

Average price at THIS LATE DATE (you really waited too long to book) from May 15 to June 1 is about $350.00. Don't think you will do much better.

Alaska air-Seattle/Vancouver/Anchorage books really early. Best prices are usually found October 15-Nov 15. So many people book Alaska for either cruises or sightseeing that the prices generally go no place but UP. Book as soon as possible.

What is your idea of "cheap"?

Average price at THIS LATE DATE (you really waited too long to book) from May 15 to June 1 is about $350.00. Don't think you will do much better.

Alaska air-Seattle/Vancouver/Anchorage books really early. Best prices are usually found October 15-Nov 15.

EXACTLY - October was the time to book. We are flying out of Chicago to Seattle in May - we booked our flight last October - and the flights were so cheap on American that we even purchased First Class seats!! You need to plan ahead!! What ship are you going on in May and when? We are on the NCL Star - May 12th.

Hi

Thanks for your suggestions. I will be on the Pearl on May20th. Can't wait!

I tried to book flights in Nov online and was told that you could book that far in advance. I don't know how you were able to book that far in advance. I guess I should have gone to a real travel agency. Now I know better.

I am coming up with fares from $450 - $500. I think that's kind of high. If I could find a fare for $350 I would jump on it. I am really trying not to have to do a red eye, but I may have to.

I really appreciate your help guys.

Check kayak.com

I just booked on American from Dfw to Seattle. It is over $100 less than it has been. I am sure they waited until Southwest opened up the dates and then matched them. Southwest's internet fares were sold out.

We never book 6 - 9 months ahead. I always find I get a better deal by watching the websites daily. I guess it depends on where you are flying from.

Archived