Which is better for an upgrade?

melgray13

I know that an upgrade just a nice bonus but I was curious what the group recommends to improve my chances - booking an actual room or booking a guarantee? Currently I have guarantee for the Sept 2nd on Valor for a 6b (Oceanview). I have also sailed once with Carnival, if that makes a difference.

People book actual rooms because they want that room, there should be no chance of an upgrade if you book a specific room, unless something very strange happens, like you book a cabin that sleeps 4 and there are only two of you etc. If you book a room for two that sleeps two, they are done with you.

If you want the chance of an upgrade, book a guarantee, but do NOT count on the upgrade, if you are not happy with the lowest level room in a bad spot, upgrades are not for you and you will be disappointed. Contrary to many on this site, upgrades are not automatic, you may not get one booking a guarantee.

I know that an upgrade just a nice bonus but I was curious what the group recommends to improve my chances - booking an actual room or booking a guarantee? Currently I have guarantee for the Sept 2nd on Valor for a 6b (Oceanview). I have also sailed once with Carnival, if that makes a difference.

Best chance would be to keep the guarantee, extremely rare to get upgraded from a booked room. It does happen with 9a getting moved to suites.

Archived