Room (Upwards) Changes?

jimpv

Hello Cruise Critics,

I wanted to ask you a question about a Carnival Cruise I booked (my first).

Back in December, I talked to a very nice woman with Carnival on the phone and booked an interior stateroom on a cruise leaving in April. I happened to sign on to the Carnival website the other day and noticed that it says my room "status" is a balcony stateroom (!). It used to say interior stateroom.

I seem to remember the nice lady said something about maybe being upgraded, but now I'm not sure. I certainly can't afford to actually pay for a balcony stateroom... should I call Carnival and ask them to put me back, or was I upgraded without even asking?

Thanks for the help! Very excited, first cruise!

Hello Cruise Critics,

I wanted to ask you a question about a Carnival Cruise I booked (my first).

Back in December, I talked to a very nice woman with Carnival on the phone and booked an interior stateroom on a cruise leaving in April. I happened to sign on to the Carnival website the other day and noticed that it says my room "status" is a balcony stateroom (!). It used to say interior stateroom.

I seem to remember the nice lady said something about maybe being upgraded, but now I'm not sure. I certainly can't afford to actually pay for a balcony stateroom... should I call Carnival and ask them to put me back, or was I upgraded without even asking?

Thanks for the help! Very excited, first cruise!

Did you book guarantee? If so, what category? If you booked guarantee, there is always a chance of a free upgrade, which is what it sounds like you got. Nah, don't ask them to put you back, if they upgraded you without you asking, relax & enjoy it:) What deck does it say you're on?.....just curious

Hello,

Let's see... on my Guest Confirmation it says Category 4A and the Cabin TBA (To Be Announced I suppose). That was last year, now online it says my category is 8B and I'm on the Empress Deck. Sounds fancy!

It seems awfully generous to upgrade me so far, but I suppose I shouldn't complain if thats what they did! Does anyone know if my new category and deck are nice? I'm sailing on one of their big newer ships, the Liberty or the Freedom or some patriotic name.

Thanks!

Just smile and be enjoy your wonderful upgrade. The upgrade fairy does shine down on us sometimes.

We got upgraded yesterday for my son and his gf. We booked a balcony guarantee and they wound up with a suite! You don't pay any extra for this upgrade. It's the luck of the draw. You could just have easily received a 4A like you paid for. The guarantee is for "at least" that or higher. Consider it a mini lottery that you just won! :)

Kim

Click on this link: http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=LI

look at the pic for a balcony stateroom. That's what you'll have:) You can also go to webshots.com and type in carnival balcony rooms,and see actual pictures. Once you click on a picture, you'll see the option for previous or next on the right, and you can see their scrapbook pics. That will give ya a general idea of what they look like. Awesome upgrade, congratulations:) ................:eek: and don't change a thing with that reservation, enjoy the free upgrade;)

Where did you find your room number assignment? I've looked all over the site, and can't find where you see your room number? Anyone?

If you booked through Carnival, you can see your room number on the Modify Booking page.

If you booked through a TA, you can't.

Where did you find your room number assignment? I've looked all over the site, and can't find where you see your room number? Anyone?

Have you registered on the web site? Click the button at the top upper right. You can enter your 1st cruise info at this time. If your already registered you have to enter your sailing information to find info for that trip. Look in your profile. Once you enter your cruise information the welcome page will have a countdown to the number of days until your cruise.

Good Luck

Archived