bathing suits

MAO

there is another thread about bathing suits going but thought I'd add here that aside from victorias secrets (which I can't fit into:mad: ) New-Port news is pretty good.

Does anyone else have an issue with differant style suits leaving differant tan lines? I hate when my tan lines don't match up! I can not wear a halter top one day and a bra top the next...anyone else funny like that?;)

MAO

Lisa, DD is excited, BF might come w/ us. We want to do Royal next year and Eastern route so maybe we can all plan one together. Oh as for shoes, flip flops, black heels and tan (sandely) heels...thats it if I can help it! Myssie

Does anyone else have an issue with differant style suits leaving differant tan lines? I hate when my tan lines don't match up! I can not wear a halter top one day and a bra top the next...anyone else funny like that?;)

It's been a long time since I've seen enough sun to worry about that, but I LIKE to mix up the styles ... that way, you don't get a harsh tan line, it will all eventually blend in and look more natural.

It's been a long time since I've seen enough sun to worry about that, but I LIKE to mix up the styles ... that way, you don't get a harsh tan line, it will all eventually blend in and look more natural.

Myssie, I hate the different tan lines too, but I havn't figured a way around it yet. I have bother halter & bra style tops, but I like the bra style they give that need little extra lift ;) . I do find if I alternat tops the lines are not as distinct. I will say, I do use an SPF 30 because I am blonde with green eyes and I can burn if not very careful.

A group cruise would be alot of fun!!!

Happy cruiseing!

Lisa

What SPF do people usually use? Lisa mentioned 30 block, I'm blonde and blue eyed but don't use more than 15 but usually 8 block.

And when do you switch to a one piece v. a 2 piece bathing suit? I look around and wonder should I switch from the 2 piece to a 1 piece. What constitutes inappropriate...does anyone else worry about this?

I did buy that tankini but never wore it. When...to switch???

MAO.

what do you mean by "switching" to a 2-piece suit? I ask, because I just bought my first (rather modest) bikini in YEARS. I still have a little pudge around the middle and I'm celebrating my 41st birthday just days before we board but I am gonna WEAR that thing, baby!!! :eek: :rolleyes: Is that what you mean??? :confused:

what do you mean by "switching" to a 2-piece suit? I ask, because I just bought my first (rather modest) bikini in YEARS. I still have a little pudge around the middle and I'm celebrating my 41st birthday just days before we board but I am gonna WEAR that thing, baby!!! :eek: :rolleyes: Is that what you mean??? :confused:

sailorgirl...you go girl!!;) Good for you, I guess it is kinda what I ment..it's all in the attitude, but I do worry that time and age are taking over and switching may become necesary not an option:(

Have a great tiem on your cruise.

MAO

OK, since you asked, here are some sure signs that it's time to switch from a two-piece to a one-piece suit....

* when your boobs sag so much it looks like you're wearing a 2 piece anyway :eek:

* when your gut covers most of the bottom of your 2 piece suit :eek:

* when the skin on your stomach is so wrinkled it looks like a 1 piece with netting in the middle :eek:

* when someone you have just met gives their opinion on whether pregnant women should let their stomach show :D :D

Now, I can say all this (at least partly tongue-in-cheek) because I switched to a 1 piece years ago!!

Bonnie

Hey there! I bring three suits. I find that the suits never dry overnight even when left out on the balcony. I dislike having to put on a damp suit.

That leaves one drying, one for our beachwear and one to put on when back on the ship. I also make sure that one has a little more tummy control for those days when I've had an extra trip to the buffet! Deb

Actually Myssie is right on the money about the SPF 15, I have read that anything over 15 is just over kill. I am just so afraid of the skin cancer thing that I apply a 30 just to ease my mind. I do wear a 30 on my face in the sun & on a daily basis I apply a 15, just trying the keep those wrinkles at bay, i know they are around the corner ;)!! I will offer this advice, I never went tanning, but this January I did go 6 times to get a base before vacation & it really helped!!

Heres my 2 cents about when to change from a one piece to a two piece - my MIL, who is very, very fashion savvy and always on the money when it comes to whats appropriate, has always said make sure that you won't regret how you looked when you see pictures or video of yourself later. :eek:

I must have the bathingsuit gene too. I bring four. minimum. Then there's the really tiny tanning suit (not for moving around in ;) ) The "hot tub" suit, cause I don't want to wreck my cute ones with the chlorine. Don't even get me started on cover-ups.

I usually bring two, but have gotten by with one. My problem is I have enough trouble finding one suit I like that fits, let alone five or seven or more!

As of right now I only have one suit I'd actually wear anywhere, but I'm hoping to find at least one more now that swim suits are showing up in the stores.

Archived