I Wish Sea Princess wasn't stopping in St Vincent!!!!!

CaribbeanCrazy

I have been having such a hard time figuring out what to do in St Vincent!

Princess Shore Excursions are way over priced for this stop....worst than usual! Then to make matters worst all the tour companies like Hazeco and Fantasea don't list the prices or times of there tours on their websites. It's like it's top secret information...geez!

I might be interested in Waynes tour but again..can't get any info over the internet. I already know most of the details of this tour...thanks to Toto. I emailed them just to see if they had a tour going out on the day of our stop there...which is Easter Sunday. I wanted to see if there was a tour available before I get my husband interested in it. But unless I call them I can't even find out the answer to this simple question.:( I don't have a cheap way of calling St Vincent...so communicating over the internet is more convenient and free.

Toto...if your out there...do you know why Wayne won't answer simple questions over the internet?

Anyway...I'm getting frustrated over the whole thing and starting to think we should just stay on the ship. Which normally we hate to do...especially in a port we haven't been to. I have all our other stops planned except this one. Usually I love planning the details of our cruises...but this port is taking the fun out of planning!!!

Sorry for venting...but out of 15+ cruises this port has been the hardest to figure out what to do. I have been researching for months now...and I still don't know:rolleyes:

Any suggestions or tips are welcomed:)

Thanks

CaribbeanCrazy

Well I finally got around to talking to my husband about Waynes tour...and got the thumbs up. So now I have to find out if there is a tour going on Easter Sunday. I guess I will email Wayne my phone no. and hope that he calls. The problem with him calling me is that when I'm at home I'm on the internet a lot so our phone line is tied up.:rolleyes:

Now that I got my husband onboard (no pun intended:D) I hope this all works out!

CaribbeanCrazy

Send the email to Wayne and include your telephone number. He just doesn't do email, I have no idea why.

Have you checked with your roll call to see if possibly they have already started a group for Wayne? I know I have been told (by others) that he has a minimum number of 12 passengers before he will take out a group.

It is worth a try though, so I would definitely send out that email as soon as possible. Normally with Wayne, we have always gotten the group together for him. Not too sure if you will be able to join in a group already planned or not. I am telling you this as we had one couple that didn't join our roll call and just showed up at the dock after reading our plans. Wayne told them they had to check with me before he could allow them to join the group. Of coarse there wasn't a problem with that, we had the room for them. But they took a chance waiting until the last minute to join in.

He just doesn't usually do individual tours, but arranges for group tours.

Best of Luck.

Thanks Toto:)

I emailed Wayne a few days ago with our phone no. and told him we are interested in booking his tour if he has one going out. He hasn't gotten back with me yet...but from what you've told me I don't think he will being we are not part of a group. Plus being it's Easter Sunday he probably plans on being with his familly...which is understandable.

The roll call for my cruise is not doing Wayne's Tour they are going to Young Island. Although someone tried to reach Wayne too...to no avail.

Oh well I guess I will have to figure out a Plan B. I just wish I wouldn't have told my husband about Waynes Tour. After reading your review and looking at you pictures...he is all enthused. I hate to break it to him that we won't be going...I guess he will get over it:D

Thanks again for all your invaluable information:)

CaribbeanCrazy

Sorry to hear that. You are right though, he may not be taking a tour on Easter Sunday.

Just tell your husband that 'next time' you visit St. Vincent you will have to go with Wayne. That way maybe he will book another cruise while onboard. ;)

I am sure you will find something great to do. Again, sorry you won't be going with Wayne, it really is a lovely tour and lots of fun.

Not stopping? NO WAY.

Thanks to Toto she suggested Wayne and we had a fantastic tour. I had no idea about the island. Our roll call left it open and we all went. We also where a bit messy coming back to port:p :p :p .

TOTO would understand.

It was only last week and the tour was so informative, great lunch, great snorkling, drop of rum and many beers at the movie set.

I booked the emerald for next year but sorry to say it is not on intinerary or would book it again for sure.:o

• 1 month later...

Definitely the excursion to do in St Vincent. Our group of 25 CC'ers just left St Vincent last week and all had a fantastic time. Many said it was one of the highlights of the cruise. This iis truly a beautiful island!!

It doesn't look like Princess is going to St Vincent next year so if you have an opportunity to go now, don't miss this excursion. Wayne tooks us along the coastline and explained about the island. We stopped at Pirates of Caribbean set for fresh fish or chicken, had some great snorkeling, looked for crystals in the lava flow. Lots of rum punch plus good ginger drink. Great day on both land and sea with entertaining guide. You won't be disappointed in St Vincent or Wayne's tour.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys - I booked Wayne for December. It took about a month for him to call me after I e-mailed him.

By "messy" are you referring to the beer & rum punches? That's a little scary. I can't be trusted. I was on an excursion in Bora Bora last year and all I can remember is riding on the pontoon of an outrigger on our way back to port. Yes, there was pointing and laughing from the dock. Thank God I'll never see those people again.

S.

Sandy, watch that rum punch with Wayne, it's a killer (messy=strong rum). LOL

OMG, it must be Bora Bora, I did almost the same thing (thank god there weren't any pontoons on that Catamaran) when we were there. I remember the beginning of it, now if someone could just fill me in on after the sun set, it would be GREAT as my memory is a bit on the fuzzy side! :)

Archived