Adding parks to 7-day cruise

Globeguy

I'm surprised that Disney's Web site doesn't make it easy to add a night or two at WDW to a 7-week cruise.

I read somewhere here that if you book in a Disney resort, you get free ground transportation from the port to the resort. Anybody know anything about that?

Transfers are paid for somewhere. You might call DCL to find out the perfect answer. Don't get confused by innacurate info posted here. Free transfers may be just a change in a hotel charge. If you found this site, you,ll find the truth. Watch your money, because it's yours. Don't depend on others to spend your money wisely. We only offer opinions here, and you should read alot of them, after you cruise. So in the mean time call Disney, and tell them what you want to do. Compare their seamless problem solver to all of the other hooks with limo's, rental car pick-ups, drop offs, and than getting back to the airport, with limo's, rental cars, and drop off's on your return. I,m sure someone will be able to save you probably $150.00 on your entire package if you jump through a bunch of hoops. Why would you want to jump through hoops, when you already have so much invested, for what you exspect to be a Great Adventure Vacation? And now for all the other solutions! Metrowon

I'm surprised that Disney's Web site doesn't make it easy to add a night or two at WDW to a 7-week cruise.

I read somewhere here that if you book in a Disney resort, you get free ground transportation from the port to the resort. Anybody know anything about that?

We have taken several seven day cruises and we have spent six days before the cruise at Disney World and just recently after a seven day cruise we spent six days at Disney World.

If you have booked your cruise and already paid for transportation to and from the airport, all you have to do is call Disney Cruise Line and let them know which Disney Resort you are staying at. They charged us $1.00 more per person to go to the Disney resort.

If you make reservations at Disney World have your travel agent or yourself make it a Magic Your Way Trip. By doing this the trip back to the Orlando airport will be free.

If you do the Disney Resort firsts, you can Magic Your Way from the airport to the resort and back at no charge. Then use Disney Cruise Line transportation. Some one who reads this is going to tell you that you can make arrangements for Disney to pick you up at the resort and then take you for your Disney Cruise. This will depend upon which resort you are staying at.

My suggestion is to tell your travel agent what you want to do, and they can handle what many would say is a confusing situation.

If I haven't answered the question, please let me know.:)

PS: We are going this coming December on back to back 7 day Disney cruises the first two weeks in December. We are staying at All Stars Movie two evenings before the cruise. We are using the free transportation that Disney provides to and from the airport, and have paid for the cruise transportation.:):)

I'm looking at doing the same thing - but staying at WDW before the cruise. TA quoted the $1.00 more. But she also said that only resorts that are part of the land/sea packages have pickups. So if you stay at a resort they don't use for the land/sea packages, you have to get yourself to another resort. That doesn't sound like a very relaxing way to start a cruise.

Can anyone confirm if they've been able to get DCL transportation from a value resort?

Your TA was correct in the answer you received. The closest resort is the Animal Kingdom from the All Stars Resorts at Disney World. You would have to find transportation there. You could use a taxito do this.

We are staying at All Stars Movies before our next schedule cruise. We will use Magic Your Way (free transportation) from the airport to the resort. On the day of the cruise we will use the free transportation back to the airport, and from their we will use DCL cruise line transportation. Since we like arriving early on board the ship, I would suggest you get to the airport at 10:00 a.m.

If you are staying at a value resort, you are probably are not interested in limo service, which would be an alternative.

Although we are from Wisconsin, we have to Disney World close to 30 times and will be going on our 8th Disney Cruise.

I know you will enjoy your cruise.

Your TA was correct in the answer you received. The closest resort is the Animal Kingdom from the All Stars Resorts at Disney World. You would have to find transportation there. You could use a taxito do this.

You could also take advantage of Disney's bus service. It will take longer but it is free. Take a bus from your resort with all your luggage to magic Kingdom and then transfer to a bus going to a resort with DCL pickup.

We are staying at All Stars Movies before our next schedule cruise. We will use Magic Your Way (free transportation) from the airport to the resort.

FYI, the free transfers that you receive when staying at a WDW resort, whether you have a package or not, are called Magical Express Transfers.

Not exactly! If you book a Magic Your Way tix (stay on Disney property and park tix) you are entitled to use Disney Magical Express from the airport to WDW for free (yes its free or at least it doesn't cost anything more - part of your Magic Your Way cost whether you use it or not). You can purchase transfers from DCL (airport to port and return trip - but not too cheap). So, after your cruise, you can take your paid transfer trip to the airport and then your free Magical Express trip to WDW. You will have wasted time in the process (check out a map for where WDW, airport and port are - going back to airport is big waste of time), but everything will be taken care of for you by Disney. Another option would be to hire a private car service to take you from from the airport to port, from port to WDW after your cruise and take free Magical Express from WDW back to airport when its time to leave. A third option is to rent a car at the airport. You can either turn in the car at the port and get another one (free shuttle to/from rental car company near port) after the cruise or you can keep it during the cruise and pay to park at the port.

Archived