Under 2 Zone on NCL Spirit???

KerCar

Hi,

Just wondering if the NCL Spirit has any type of "under 2" play area for babies too young for Kid's Crew??? Thanks:)

Hi, we're sailing on the NCL spirit in March w/ our DD who will be one. We were told that you can bring the little ones to the regular kids area during special 'under 2' times, as long as you stay with them.

They also told us you 'may' be able to take them to some of the kids activities (intended for 2-5 year olds) if you stay there with them. I guess it may depend on the individuals teach it if you can take them to it or not.

Hi, we're sailing on the NCL spirit in March w/ our DD who will be one. We were told that you can bring the little ones to the regular kids area during special 'under 2' times, as long as you stay with them.

They also told us you 'may' be able to take them to some of the kids activities (intended for 2-5 year olds) if you stay there with them. I guess it may depend on the individuals teach it if you can take them to it or not.

Thanks for this info! Have a great cruise next month! I'd love to hear about your experience sailing on the Spirit with your DD when you return home. Keep us posted:)

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I will be traveling on the Spirit on 4-21 with a 3 1/2 year old and an 8 month old. Both girls. We plan on going on 3 shore excursions, just the easy beach ones. Would love any tips that may help us enjoy the cruise. So looking forward to it.:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, we're just back from a week on the spirit w/ my 12-month old daughter. It went very well! Please feel free to post or email me w/ any specific questions I don't answer here (I know its tough to find much info for the under 2 crowd).

The play area is very cute. The way it works is there are set times each day - most days its two set times (on our cruise it was 1:15-1:45pm and 5:15-6pm) for the under two set to come play on this indoor jungle gym w/ at least one parent. We went to that most of the time. It was a lot of fun for my daughter, and a good way to meet other parents of simmilarly aged kids. That was all we really took advantage of within the kids programs (and actually I think its all we really could have gone to). On the first morning you will have a paper delivered to your cabin inviting you to come to the playtimes. The time periods sound kind of short but it was more than enough time for my daughter...she'd be pretty tired by the end of it.

As for the pool area.... Theres a whole kid pool area. It has a main pool w/ two water slides, and then a kids "hottub" and then a little wading pool w/ probably like 8 inches of water. All the kids I ever saw in the wading pool were in swim diapers and nobody ever said a thing about it...and really the water level was at like knee level when standing so not sure if it was an issue or not. We also brought a little inflatable tub for my daughter which we filled up in the showers out by the pool. No problem there...pleanty of deck space to put it. There was also a little covered area (but still outside) with some little bouncy horses and stuff (kind of like outdoor playground equipment). We didn't really use that...but i guess we could have.

The kids menu had the usual suspects - grilled cheese, chicken fingers, hamburgers, hotdog, ice cream. Really you could pretty much ask for anything and they would find it.

I couldn't find cheerios at the main breakfast buffet. But, we did write in cheerios a couple of mornings when we ordered breakfast to the room and they found little boxes for us. So that was good, as my daughter loves her cheerios!!!

I would highly recommend bringing an umbrella stroller. We would put my daughter in that when she was starting to look tired, and then take her up to the track for a few laps, and she'd fall asleep for a couple of hours. It was fabulous. I think the rocking of the boat really helped, because she is not one to fall asleep like that on her own very often.

Also, we had requested a crib from the cruise line, and at the last second decided to bring our own pack and play. But, when we got to our room there wasn't a crib or anything set up in the room. We didn't really persue it as we had brought our own....but just something to throw out there if you are expecting to use ncl's.

Anyway....thats all that comes to mind at the moment. Please let me know if you have any other questions (katyfressola@yahoo.com).

You'll have a great time!!!

Wow, how great are you for taking the time to share your experiences with us!!!! Glad to hear you had a great trip!!!! I'm so happy to hear that there were times for the little ones to use the play area. My daughter is going to love it!!!! Will my 4 year old son be able to come with us during these special under 2 times or is it strictly under 2???

Some questions for you:

What type of inflatable tub did you use and did it fit in the shower stall???

Were highchairs readily available in the dining areas???

Did they have whole milk???

Is there anything you didn't pack that you wish you had???

Thanks in advance!!!! :)Kerry

Hi Kerri,

I think your 4 year old son could go also. There were a few siblings that looked to be older than 2 and nobody said anything. Its kind of like an open play area...the ncl employees aren't really involved in the playtime other than to stand at the reception area. Its really the parents supervising.

To answer your other questions...

What type of inflatable tub did you use and did it fit in the shower stall???

I got one from babies r us for 9.99 or 12.99 and yes, it fit in the shower stall. It was by 'especially baby'....can't find it online to show you.

Were highchairs readily available in the dining areas???

We brought our little fisher price travel chair, and I was glad we did. I did see some high chairs in the cafeteria area, but during busy times it seemed like they were tough to find. Never saw any in the main dining rooms, but they did ask us if we wanted one a few times, so I assume they were there. But other places (ie the biergarden or the blue lagoon) didn't have any that I saw. The good thing about leaving from NY (if you are driving) is its not too hard to have a lot of luggage. You just pull your car up and unload everything to the porters. Then on the way back the porters carry all your bags to the curb and you pull your car around. So we never had to carry everything.

This is the seat i'm talking about...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2265272&cp=&sr=1&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2255957&origkw=fisher+price+booster&kw=fisher+price+booster&parentPage=search

It fit in our suitcase (though it did take up a chunk) so it wasn't too bad.

Did they have whole milk???

Yes. In the cafeteria it was in the machine, and then it was on the room service menu. I assume it was in the main cafes also...but my DD is still mostly on formula, so I wasn't looking for it too much.

Is there anything you didn't pack that you wish you had???

Nothing comes to mind. One thing I didnt' realize was that there aren't fridges in the room (we had a balcony room). The room stuart was very good about keeping fresh ice for us, but we only had the little bucket. So I guess if you want to keep more than one or two things on ice, bring some kind of container for this.

Also bring lots of handi-wipes. They were helpful a lot of times.

Thanks in advance!!!! :)Kerry

Archived