RCCL Visa 125K Points & Price Reduction

ferbie15

Hi Everyone,

My family and I are considering a 7 night cruise this summer on Mariner with our two daughters (almost 2 years old and 4 months old).

We should have enough to redeem our free cruise for 2 using our 125K RCCL Visa Credit Card points. I know that the coupon is only good for the price of a minimum oceanview cabin, which is currently $1299. I have read that the value of the coupon cannot exceed $2500. If we book a Category I at $1299, apply our coupon, our cost would come down to $49 for the first and second person and $899 for each of our daughters.

My question is, if there is a price reduction after our coupon is applied, will the entire $2500 still be applied to our cruise and we can upgrade to a high level cabin by paying the difference? I am hoping that the cost of our daughters will go down due to promowaves closer to our sailing. Will we be able to get the discount on their fare also using the coupon?

Also, we are platinium members. If we eventually upgrade to a balcony, will we still get the full fare of the coupon, as that is the price now, and still get the balcony discount?

I apologize for SO many confusing questions!!! I am just a little confused how the point redemption works when there seems to be price drops.

Thank you in advance for all of your help! This cruise is making us Diamond members!!!

Thanks again!

My question is, if there is a price reduction after our coupon is applied, will the entire $2500 still be applied to our cruise and we can upgrade to a high level cabin by paying the difference? I am hoping that the cost of our daughters will go down due to promowaves closer to our sailing. Will we be able to get the discount on their fare also using the coupon?

You will be able to get any price drops applied. If you get a balcony room, you will full $2500 benefit of your points since the OV is more than that amount.

We were able to get price drops on our Sovereign cruise where we used points for our free companion. We also were in a JS and had the full benefit for the value of the oceanview cabin.

Also, we are platinium members. If we eventually upgrade to a balcony, will we still get the full fare of the coupon, as that is the price now, and still get the balcony discount?

Yes, we also got our balcony discount.

Thank you in advance for all of your help! This cruise is making us Diamond members!!!

Congratulations on making Diamond. :)

I have yet to see the Mariner have a OV for 1299.00 p/p. Maybe for the two the price is 1299.00 . Better check this out again! The free fare for 2 is for the lowest OV. Yes you still do get your Diamond discount if you booked a blacony cabin, and you just pay the difference. From what I was told you do NOT get the $2500.00 off your invoice unless your lowest OV cost would be $1250.00 p/p. It is up to $2500.00 for the 2 , not an automatic $2500.00 for the use of the 125K coupon. I just used my 125k on the Liberty (june 2007 sailing) the lowest OV was $1249.00 p/p so I did get the max of what the coupon was worth. But look again at the Mariner OV prices, I see them to be $698.00 p/p. Good Luck!

pmshirl is right!!

We just used our coupon.......Booked JS...lowest OV cabin was $1100pp we only rec'd $2200 off the price of the JS. Yes we got the Balcony discount and the price of the JS just went down and so we saved another $750.

Hello again!

Thank you for your responses. We were looking to sail either July 22 or August 5, 2007. What dates were you seeing cheaper prices? The cheapest OV on the 7/22 was $1299 and 8/5 was $1199. Please let me know if you have seen cheaper prices on either of these dates. Thanks again for the input!

Archived