Freedom - a few questions???

scschnur

Thank you, in advance, to anyone who may be able to answer some of these questions. I've tried to search the boards for these answers, and have had zero luck.

1. Is the basketball court a full court, and dedicated to basketball only? We'll be on board in March (spring break time), and wondered if there will be lots of basketball action? I have 4 teen boys hoping so....

2. Does RCCL have a hypnotist show? We've seen them on past cruises and the kids especially enjoy that type of entertainment. I've not seen a hypnotist mentioned, so maybe this line doesn't offer it.

3. The times mentioned in the intinerary... If it shows 7:00 AM arrival in Cozumel, does that mean 7:00 AM Cozumel time? Does the ship keep up with the time zone changes, or are there not any time zone changes on this intinerary? I just can't find the info on that.

4. One of the teens vacationing with us is a friend. Can his parents set up their own credit card number on his Sea Pass to cover his charges?

Thanks, again, for any help you can give.

Just off the Freedom. They had full court basketball and a few tournaments up there. About the shows- they change frequently. I've been on 10 RCCL cruises and have never seen a hypnotist. We saw 2 comics, a balancing act, an illusionist, plus the other productions, Charo and an excellent ice show.On other cruises, we heard the "stay on ship's time" announcements but not this time. So I suppose it's the same. About the charge card, I can't help you. I suggest contacting them to be certain. You can write to them before your cruise to find out which entertainers will be appearing.

Just off the Freedom. They had full court basketball and a few tournaments up there. About the shows- they change frequently. I've been on 10 RCCL cruises and have never seen a hypnotist. We saw 2 comics, a balancing act, an illusionist, plus the other productions, Charo and an excellent ice show.On other cruises, we heard the "stay on ship's time" announcements but not this time. So I suppose it's the same. About the charge card, I can't help you. I suggest contacting them to be certain. You can write to them before your cruise to find out which entertainers will be appearing.

Yes to Basketball.

As for charge card. No, unless the parents add him to their account and give him a card. He has to be able to sign for it at the dock before boarding. A signed note is no good. Someone tried this on my last cruise on Freedom. They had to prove they could get money from the ATM ($250.00). Get the parents to give the lad Traveller's Checks and have them pre-pay his excursions. Good luck.

Also remind him that it is $10.00/day for his tips.

It is a full size basketball court, however it is not a wood court.

RCI uses a rubberized surface. The court is split to be used for basketball, volleyball, dodgeball and some outdoor activities.

During recreation time you can play basketball, but not at all times.

Also, I think they have age restrictions during certain periods in the day like the other Explorer class ships

some questions on freedom too..

good place to see parade?

is the sorrentos pizza free?

a great place to see the parade is infront of Ben & Jerrys. That is where the floating bridge lowers from the ceiling and there is lots of activity there.

Everything at Sorrentos is included at no extra charge. Except the drinks, of course.

Archived