Help!

Rea

I need some information in a hurry. Nineteen of us have reservations on the Jewel on February 25.....we are having a terrible time with the air department of NCL. Our reservations have been changed at least one time. I have reservations to return home, but my husband and son do not have reservations. One couple in our group found their air going and coming was from a city a thousand miles away. As of this morning,... they had no air going or coming home. I've read on past post of someone that you have referred to who helps in bad situations... was it someone named Vince? We've been on many cruises, and never have we encountered anything like this situation. If someone knows this man's name and number please let us know.

Thank you in advance,

Rea:mad:

Welcome to the wonderful world of NCL air. Unless you booked premium air or have a great TA, what you are experiencing is common place.

In 2002 to Hawaii, we had to drive 3 hours to the 53rd largest airport in the country even though we live 15 minutes from the 15th largest!

On most of our NCL flights, we end up with seats scattered throughout the plane and then have to talk the airline ticket people at the counters into moving some of us to get us together.

In 2002, it was so bad that our then 5 year old daughter was on an exit row, 12 rows behind her nearest parent on a flight from Denver to Honolulu. The plane was sold out and the United rep had to come on the plane and force the guy sitting next to my wife to switch seats with my daughter. He ended up having to comp the guys air ticket. (the United rep had some choice words for NCL as he was leaving the plane.....)

Only because we have a fantastic TA who has gone to bat for us with NCL air have we been at least close together on our last few flights.

I need some information in a hurry. Nineteen of us have reservations on the Jewel on February 25.....we are having a terrible time with the air department of NCL. Our reservations have been changed at least one time. I have reservations to return home, but my husband and son do not have reservations. One couple in our group found their air going and coming was from a city a thousand miles away. As of this morning,... they had no air going or coming home. I've read on past post of someone that you have referred to who helps in bad situations... was it someone named Vince? We've been on many cruises, and never have we encountered anything like this situation. If someone knows this man's name and number please let us know.

Thank you in advance,

Rea:mad:

It is common for Airlines to change flight times, this happened to us twice on our last cruise, this is not NCL's fault.

Do you mean seat assignments on the plane?

Check you paper work for your Airline Reservation #, you can go to their web-site, enter this number and check seat assignments or change them if there are other seats available.

If this doesn't work call NCL's 800 number with your NCL confirmation number and stay on the phone until it's resolved.

Thanks everyone for your information. To answer one question, we have been on three other NCL cruises. Two of them were in the eighties and one was in the nineties. On a brighter note, I called NCL's number and got some help about my husband's and son's air out of Fort Lauderdale. They gave me a record locator and I was able to find them. They could not be found earlier because someone had misspelled both names. Our friends had no air going or coming as of yesterday afternoon. At this point we've decided to stick with Royal Caribbean or Celiberty. Thanks again. Rea

Hopefully, we'll be on the Jewel March 25! We booked this cruise early in August with an on-line agency. Two couples asked her to get them home early on Sunday, and said they would be willing to pay more. One is a Dr. and needed to get home at a decent time. He will have patients waiting at the door early Monday morning. He did not get an early flight out. I would love to live near a city with a number of airlines, but we have only three choices of airlines in our town. By the time NCL booked us on one aircraft going, that airline must have been filled up on the return flight. We are being transported to Fort Lauderdale to fly on a different airline..

Hope to see you on the Jewel.

Rea

Archived