teenagers on the conquest

cruisebound2007

I am recently divorced and decided to book a cruise for my daughter and I during spring break. She is 15 and concerned she will be completely board on the cruise and worried she will have to hang with mom all week. I showed her all of the fun things a cruise ship has to offer but thought I would check to see if anyone else has experienced a cruise with a teen ager.

In the beginning she may hang with you anyway. It is hard for some teenagers to make new friends. All their friends are generally from grade school right up thru high school.

On a cruise ship she does not have that comfort group of friends so it will be up to her to venture out.

I'm not familiar with your particular ship but I imagine they have kids clubs. Most cruise lines have a "teen" night where they have one of the night clubs all to themselves.

I took my teens on a Disney Cruise, figured they were the experts at keeping kids entertained.

The one good thing is that there will be other kids exactly like her. They don't know anyone either. She will make friends, it just happens. Once my kids made friends I hardly ever saw them.

Again she can join the club for teens and they have all these activities and she will have more fun doing them with her new friends. The most important point is to have her break the ice and meet people quickly. It took my teens two days to break away from me and my wife and I was fearing they were going to follows us 24/7.

So have her get over the hump early and she will enjoy the cruise that much quicker.

Good luck!

My boys had a GREAT time on the Conquest (they were 15 and 17, but do not hang out together; they found kids their own age to hang with). Have your daughter attend the meet and greet for Club02 the first night, even if she doesn't want to. Kids tend to get into groups right away so meeting up with other teens as soon as possible is the best. If she's outgoing, she might even meet some other teens before the meet and greet. Often, all it takes is a "hello" to somebody by the pool, etc. Since you're cruising during spring break, there will be lots of teens on board.

Have a great cruise!!!!!!!

I am recently divorced and decided to book a cruise for my daughter and I during spring break. She is 15 and concerned she will be completely board on the cruise and worried she will have to hang with mom all week. I showed her all of the fun things a cruise ship has to offer but thought I would check to see if anyone else has experienced a cruise with a teen ager.

Check out the roll call for your cruise and you may be able to start making some acquaintances before you sail. We'll be on the Conquest March 11th. Which week is your spring break?

Archived