Excursions with kids 6 & 8

PittsburghGirlee

I was in Belize in March of 2006 on the Grand Princess. We did the ship excursion to Bannister island. My kids were 9 and 7 and we had a great time. From this island, you could go kayaking(additional charge) and they had boat trips(additional charge) to go snorkeling on the reef. They have a play area on the island, lots of beach chairs, some in the shade. They also have a bar and a small store. There are NO vendors there to bother you. We were however asked if we wanted pictures or hair braiding(also additional cost).

We all had a great day and my older son and husband went snorkeling and said it was the best time ever.

Good luck and have a great time.

Alycia:)

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from our first cruise:( and we did cave tubing with cavetubing dot com and WE LOVED IT!! Our kids are 11 and 9 and that is all we talked about (until the next port and we did something else exciting!) We booked with them privately and you do not have to worry about getting back to the port! They even said that they would drive us to the next port if we didn't get back in time! I do not know how fit your kids are but there is a bit of a hike thru the rain forest! I would defenately say go with cavetubing dot com, they also take you(pull you) thru the caves, where the cruise excursions make you fin for yourself in the caves! It is also cheeper than the ships excursions and well worth every penny! They make it fun for everyone! If you go with them (cavetubing dot com) and you are given the option to go for lunch?? DO IT!! It is wonderful! I can not say enough about this excursion, it was wonderful!

Archived