Royal Caribbean 7xs now Princess Crown?Anyone?

jenjes3

Hi, husband & I have sailed with Royal Caribbean 7xs and have always enjoyed our cruises. We now have received a good price on the new Princess Crown from NYC. We live in NJ so this would be ideal. It is for 9 nights. The price is much better then Explorer which we have sailed before.

Anyone sail on Princess and Royal Caribbean.. thoughts, opinions, etc. What will we miss? Should we give Princess a try?

Thank you.

Hi, husband & I have sailed with Royal Caribbean 7xs and have always enjoyed our cruises. We now have received a good price on the new Princess Crown from NYC. We live in NJ so this would be ideal. It is for 9 nights. The price is much better then Explorer which we have sailed before.

Anyone sail on Princess and Royal Caribbean.. thoughts, opinions, etc. What will we miss? Should we give Princess a try?

Thank you.

Hi,

Will sail RCCL first time in nov 07 but have sailed the Crown Princess...here's what I can tell you 1st hand....

* Coffee is THE WORST

* Balcony cabins are small, no sofa only a chair beside the bed. Shower is truly the smallest thing I've ever seen....be careful!

* Food on the Crown was just ok as apposed to food on the Golden Princess which was much better

* Disappointed in the entertainment on the Crown. Very mickey mouse in the theatre.

* The piano bar, Crooners, was WONDERFUL!!! Very comfy

* The Crown has a lot of little nooks and crannies and is very classy in decor! Not at all showy like RCCL ships

* All age groups

* Wait staff in dining rooms on the Crown were ok

* All the entertainment that goes on around the Atrium during the day and night is a very nice touch!

* Beds are very firm

* Balconies are normal size

* Pools are fresh water and there are four!!!

* Burgers at the Grill by the pool are very good!

* The "Love Boat Dream" desert is UNBELIEVABLE! REALLY WONDERFUL and RICH!!!

* Movies Under the Stars is a really nice touch....

* Great parties out by the Lido pool

* Excursions seem to be less than RCCL or Carnival (dollar wise)

* The itinerary we sailed on the Crown (Southern Caribbean out of San Juan) was really, really great. St. Lucia is a MUST SEE!!!

So, I think that's about it....for now....hope that helps!

Archived