Laundry Specials

shey

I'll be taking my first cruise this September so I apologize now if I'm asking a stupid question.

I know the Galaxy does not have self service laundry facilities, and I have found the laundry prices per item on the Celebrity website. But a friend of mine that cruises regularly (though never on X), says they'll be laundry specials on board. She said most of the ships she's been on will run a special like "everything you can fit in this bag for $10". Is there anything like this on Celebrity?

Hello Shey - sorry I don't think so... there were no laundry specials on our 14 Hawaiian Summit cruise last year. I like the idea though - even with all the 'packing tips' on this board it is hard to plan for a 14 day cruise! .... Jayna K

I'll be taking my first cruise this September so I apologize now if I'm asking a stupid question.

I know the Galaxy does not have self service laundry facilities, and I have found the laundry prices per item on the Celebrity website. But a friend of mine that cruises regularly (though never on X), says they'll be laundry specials on board. She said most of the ships she's been on will run a special like "everything you can fit in this bag for $10". Is there anything like this on Celebrity?

Hi Shey !

I have only been on 1 Celebrity sailing where they offered a full laundry bag special (about 2 years ago), and I never have seen it since.

On the bright side, their prices are quite reasonable, and they do a great job.

Enjoy your Cruise !

We had that special on the 14-day cruise to Hawaii in December, but the price was $25 for the full paper bag. And the bag was not that large. It would be ok for socks and underwear, but not for shirts and pants. These would fill the bag with only one or two items. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone. I'll plan on them not having a special, and if they do maybe it will be worth it. I tend to overpack which I will deperately be trying not to do on this trip. So I'll either have laundry fees or overweight baggage fees. Just trying to decide which will be less.

Thanks for your help!

Shey

I just came off Infinity 5 days ago. The paper bag identical to the regular sized one was offered on the second or third last day and it cannot be torn. Price was $29. It all depends on size of garment as to how many pieces you can fit in. I don't think it's a big saving.

So I'll either have laundry fees or overweight baggage fees. Just trying to decide which will be less.

I feel your pain, as I'm flying RyanAir (famous for low weight limits and high over-the-limit fees) after my cruise ends in Rome. Which is the lesser of the two evils? :( I'm stll trying to figure that one out.

Archived