Best Beach in San Juan

dawn Feb 2

Can anyone let me know a good beach in San Juan - preferably with waves? I'd prefer a beach that is maintained by a hotel that offers day passes (not for a room, just to use the beach).

Thanks!

Check the Mariott Resort in Condado!

carmen

If you just want to use the beach and don't have a car, then skip the day pass. The hotels on the beach do do not own their beachfront. They are all public spaces in Puerto Rico. They are well maintained, but open for all. The Mariott Courtyard and the Ritz Carlton are also good areas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

also interested in nice beach with facilities and chair rentals not to far from Crown Bay. Maybe even near some good shopping...Is this too much to ask for, shopping and tanning all in the same area :D

Suggestions.......anyone????

thanks

Crissy

How far is ritz carlton from the pier?

anywhere from 15 minutes to 45 minutes depending on the time of day/traffic. The Ritz is in Isla Verde which is right next to the Airport. It's a great area to stay & play in pre/post cruise.

anywhere from 15 minutes to 45 minutes depending on the time of day/traffic. The Ritz is in Isla Verde which is right next to the Airport. It's a great area to stay & play in pre/post cruise.

Hello,

Do you know when the better time of day is for the least traffic to get from the Ritz to the pier on a Saturday? Also, do you know an approximate of the cab fare to get from the Ritz to the pier for 2 persons?

Thanks much,

Thomasina

also interested in nice beach with facilities and chair rentals not to far from Crown Bay. Maybe even near some good shopping...Is this too much to ask for, shopping and tanning all in the same area :D

Suggestions.......anyone????

thanks

Crissy

Are you on the right board? Isn't Crown Bay in St. Thomas?

gary

Hello,

Do you know when the better time of day is for the least traffic to get from the Ritz to the pier on a Saturday? Also, do you know an approximate of the cab fare to get from the Ritz to the pier for 2 persons?

Thanks much,

Thomasina

It appeared to me that Sunday's were busier than Saturday's traffic wise, but I'd allow 30 minutes minimum. Also, I'd budget $20 or so for a cab depending on the number of bags you've got- they charge .50 cents- $1 per bag in addition to cab fare.

• 2 months later...

gary...sorry, made a mistake with my ports:o can anyone recommend a hotel that is close to pier 4. We will be on the Crown Princess and docked in Old San Jaun from 10 am until 11 pm. Would love to do half of that time on the beach, and then the other half checking out Old San Juan. This will be our first time visiting Puerto Rico. Anyone have any suggestions for me?

thanks,

Crissy

From Cruise ship dock to Ritz Hotel is 30 minutes by city bus (75 cent). 15 minutes by Taxi without traffic ($17). Bus terminal is one block from the ship terminal and will stop one block west of Ritz hotel outside Hampton Inn in isla verde.

Archived