Is it necessary to "pre-reserve" Princess Cays amenities?

racepoint

Just got our documents for an April sailing on CB and I was kinda surprised to find amongst our shore excursion order form, a very detailed listing of Princess Cays offerings (kayak, paddle wheeler, transparent hull kayak, sea board, etc.) From a past experience on NCL's private island, I sort of assumed we would just show up and rent stuff as we needed/wanted. Anticipating the relaxed mood of my cruise, I'm not inclined to reserve for a specific block of time for anything. Is it really necessary to pre-reserve or can I expect to just walk up to a rental booth while there; plunk down my cabin card; and request a, say . . . sea board? Is this stuff really in such high demand that it's sold out or not available?

I know the clamshell style cabanas sell out so yes for them you need to prereserve them. I would look at your cruise personalizer at the other items you may be interested in to see the quantity left. If it seems low you can easily reserve them now. If you change your mind you can cancel I think up to 24 hours before. Just read the fine print.

Archived