Carnival Glory Wedding questions

Steff781

Hello Everyone!

My fiance and I are getting married on June 9th aboard the Carnival Glory. I just bought my dress today and I'm really excited! I wish June would come already! I just got our paperwork for the wedding and I have a couple of questions. First, how is the cake? I can't decide what type of cake/filling I want. Second, how do they handle the open bar? A couple of my friends are particularly excited about this part of my wedding and I was just curious on how it is handled. Also, how are things set up for the reception? Do they have a designated room or area set up for your party or can I expect to see random people entering my reception? Is the reception area decorated? Or should I bring my own decorations? I'm nervous about the photographer because they wont tell me the prices ahead of time and I have heard they quote high prices for packages. I don't plan on spending much on photos so I'm thinking I should tell the photographer ahead of time so he/she doesn't waste their time too much. Finally, I plan on getting my hair and make-up done at Brent Allen. Should I get a trial done before the wedding? I didn't think about it until I read some postings on this message board. Does the trial cost the same cost as your wedding day?

Wow... I didn't realize I had this many questions until I typed them all out. Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide!!:D

I was married on the Carnival Legend on May 29 2005. I had the DeLux Roance Reception with open bar and ice sculpture. The cake is very nice. We ordered chocolate with vanilla filling. They first brought the wrong cake white with strawberry filing. Right after we cut the cake and did the toast they replaced the cake with the right one!!! The vanilla fillng is better.

The buffet is all the decoration you need. It came with the ice sculpture and vegetable sculpture and vegetable flowers.

The only thing I briught was my own cake topper and printed napkins with our names and the date of the wedding. I also brought a sign in guest book and a satin covered box for gift cards.

The open bar is really open. There were enough servers to get most people up to three drinks during the 1 1/2 hour reception. The also made specialy drinks if requested. One of my guest was very impressed that she was able to get a chocolate martinin. Carnival replenishes the buffett so there is enough food. Whereas RCCL only alows so many pieces of finger food per person and its not enough!!!

As for pictures, we asked that after thetoast and cake cutting that they come back after the reception to take any more. As a result we had more time with our guest and less pictures (only about 70). We waited about 3 days into the cruise to purchase them. The longer you wait the lower the price. We got all of the prints, the negatives on a CD, a blown up portrait and a album for $800.00. They first asked for $1200.

I was married on the Carnival Legend on May 29 2005. I had the DeLux Roance Reception with open bar and ice sculpture. The cake is very nice. We ordered chocolate with vanilla filling. They first brought the wrong cake white with strawberry filing. Right after we cut the cake and did the toast they replaced the cake with the right one!!! The vanilla fillng is better.

The buffet is all the decoration you need. It came with the ice sculpture and vegetable sculpture and vegetable flowers.

The only thing I briught was my own cake topper and printed napkins with our names and the date of the wedding. I also brought a sign in guest book and a satin covered box for gift cards.

The open bar is really open. There were enough servers to get most people up to three drinks during the 1 1/2 hour reception. The also made specialy drinks if requested. One of my guest was very impressed that she was able to get a chocolate martinin. Carnival replenishes the buffett so there is enough food. Whereas RCCL only alows so many pieces of finger food per person and its not enough!!!

As for pictures, we asked that after thetoast and cake cutting that they come back after the reception to take any more. As a result we had more time with our guest and less pictures (only about 70). We waited about 3 days into the cruise to purchase them. The longer you wait the lower the price. We got all of the prints, the negatives on a CD, a blown up portrait and a album for $800.00. They first asked for $1200.

Sounds like you had a beautiful wedding, I am getting married on carnival at the end of the year. I am just now going through the packet they gave me. Did you follow the vows and stuff they gave you or did you do your own? Also was just curious if you had any pictures youwoud like to share of the cake, buffet table, ice sculpture? Would love to get and idea? My email is audria99@yahoo.com Thank you for your help

Hi there,

I was married on the Glory in Nov. and it was fantastic! We had so much fun and the staff was so helpful.

We had mixed tiers of chocolate and vanilla with strawberry filling and it was pretty good. The layers were beautiful and looked like neopolitan ice cream. My husband loved the cake!

Your reception venue will be determined by the entertainment you choose. If you want the piano bar, request the piano player. If you want the disco, request a DJ. When I was choosing I searched on Google for pictures of the Cinn-a-bar and the White Heat Disco and that helped me make my choice. I loved the way the Cinn-a-bar looked and the piano player was very classy. I didn't really like the hot pink/orange of the disco and the large plastic candles were too over the top for me.

You can negotiate with the photographer. We had Nicoleta on the Glory and she was wonderful. She didn't pressure us once and was very sweet. No horror stories here although I know others have had a hard time.

If you want to see my pictures click on the link in my signature and it will take you to my website. Let me know if you have any other questions.

my husband and i were married on the glory july 1, 2006. our ceremony and reception was in the ebony cabaret. the staff set up for our reception during the ceremony but they were behind us so our back were to them the entire time and they wee very quiet...didnt even know they were there. we had white cake with strawberry filling, very good. the photographer took tons of pictures, at least 100 8x10's, ende up buying 30 or so and took close to 250 5x7's and we bought close to 100 of those. our pictures came out to be around $600. youre not obligated to buy any ones you don't choose, but remember its your wedding day. i had my hair and makeup done at brent allen. hair turned out awesome...makeup, not so much. i specifically asked for no shimmery makeup. she put heavy eye makeup on me and dusted my face and neck with shimmer powder. and of course they dont hand you the mirror until theyre finished. that was a waste of money, as soon as i got to the ship i washed my face and did my own makeup! please let me know if you have any other questions. glad i can help!

Archived