Sunday/Rental Car in Warnemunde

Has anyone arranged for a Rental Car on Sunday in Warnemunde. I can find several rental car companies in Warnemunde/Rostock - but none are open on Sunday.

Someone said that there is a temporary Hertz location on the pier at Warnemunde - but Hertz doesn't seem to know about it.

There was a car rental location for Hertz right at the port in Warnemunde. We had originally planned to go to Rostock to rent a car, and we were delighted to find the Hertz location as we came off our ship. Not only was it convenient, but the price was the same.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry - I have no information on this location. We were not told about it when we inquired before our trip either. We just found it as we were leaving the ship. You may want to book a car in Rostock and change it if you find the location open when you leave the ship. Make sure you know just where to go in Rostock to pick up your car, if you can't get a car in Warnemunde. It is not a small city.

Well, we are back from our trip - overall it was great, but the car rental was unbelievable. Our ship actually docked in Rostock, I think, not Warnemunde. when I got off the ship, I looked at the pier for a Hertz office - none there. So I took a cab to the St. Petersberger Strasse address I was given.

This is a Shell gas station, carwash and Hertz office. After waiting outside the locked Hertz office for about 10 minutes a guy came out from the Shell station to tell me on Sunday he takes care of the rentals - but my name was not on his list. He called the 'Seasonal Office' that Hertz apparently knows nothing about at the Warnemunde Pier next to the railroad station. That is where my car was waiting with a Hertz representative.

So back in a taxi (the Shell guy called for me) and off to the pier. Anyway the guy at the pier got me in the car and on my way. He asked what time I would be back and was waiting on my return. Thankfully he took us back to the ship. We had not seen a cab anywhere.

Despite Hertz' ineptness, the German people were wonderful and helpful.

Archived