Just got a great Tampa Hotel Deal...April 20-23, 2007.

indie

2.5* Amerisuites in the Busch Gardens Area. 43 dollars per night for 3 nights on priceline, via bidding. April 20-23. The direct best available rate through the website is 179.00 per night on that weekend =)

It has just been rennovated, as it is switching over to a Hyatt. So the rooms have a full more upscale makeover, 42 INCH LCD High Definition TV's and HYATT beds!

My best friends wedding is on the 21st in the area, then my wife and I are sailing on the Inspiration on the 23rd for our first cruise! I'm excited about this deal because I am an avid "bidder" and have not seen many good deals like this in tampa from my research.

just wanted to share this if anyone is looking for a tampa hotel for a cruise around this time. Really cant beat the deal.

We were going to book with transportation, but we can definitely afford to drive and park at the port and enjoy some extra drinks with these savings :D

Thank you. I really appreciate the advice. I was going to book another area, but i saw this hotel listed on hotwire for $49, and figured i could get it cheaper on priceline and did.

I have done a bit of research and have found that there hasnt been an issue with people feeling unsafe at this location or people hanging around near the hotel.

Even so, i am a guy who would be the last resort for anyone looking to cause trouble at 6'6 350 pounds with dredlocks. Being such a large guy and walking in the florida sun do not go hand in hand, so I will likely drive wherever i go lol.

Also my friends who are getting married in the area also recommended that we book in that area for convenience (my best friend is a Tampa police officer). So i think it will work out to be the best bet for us. I will definitely report on my first cruise and whether or not i would recommend the hotel when we return.

when we arrive in April, it will completely have converted into a Hyatt Place and no longer be an amerisuites.

http://tampabuschgardens.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/index.jsp

I haven't stayed in that hotel but it is ok. It is one of the ones we recomend to our patients. Not all the area around Busch Gardens is bad. I work at USF so I do know the area. It's not close to the port. Having a car you can get to most places fairly fast since this is more in the middle of the Tampa area. You friends will steer you in the right directions.

Cindy

Tampa native

Archived