Walking the beaches in Bemuda

BN2cruzn

I was reading alot about going to one beach and then walking to others, but I was wondering what beach to start at and how far do you walk to get to the smaller beaches

Chances are those small beaches are the ones between Warwick Long Bay and Horseshoe Bay. I think the total journey between Warwick and Horseshoe is about a mile and a half or 2 miles.

If you start at Horseshoe go left and follow the beach.

If you start at Warwick Long Bay go right.

Walking from Warwick Bay to Horseshoe Bay along the beaches and some on the grass trail is one of our very favorite things to do in Bermuda! DH and I are in our early to mid 50's and absolutely loved this little hike! On certain of the small bays ours were the only footprints on the beach. We were last there in early to mid November of 2005. We took the public bus to Warwick Bay then did our walk and spent a couple more hours at Horseshoe Bay before climbing back up the l-o-n-g hill (there are shuttles available for a couple $$'s) to catch the public bus again (we bought a couple day bus/ferry pass--highly recommend this).

• 2 weeks later...

For all South shore beaches, grab a route 7 bus from Hamilton. We started at Horseshoe Bay. At 9:00 am this Bay is deserted. Very pretty beach. Atswood Bay is about 1.5 miles East. This is a very pretty walk. You will pass a number of beaches: Chaplin Bay, Stonehole Bay, Jobson Cove, and Warwick Long Bay amongst other smaller coves which can be yours alone. We were told that Horseshoe Bay’s beach looks like Coney Island (sand covered entirely with beach towels) by 11:00 am. So if you go, get there early or walk to the East until you find your own secluded spot. If you duplicate our walk, just follow the horse trail to Warrick Long Bay and you’ll be fine. From Warrick Long Bay, it’s about a 1/3-mile to Atswood Park and Bay via the roadside.

More hints and tips about Bermuda: http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/bermuda.html

Which beach in Bermuda would be the best one to go to for someone (me) who likes to swim and do beach activities?

From my experience, Horseshoe Bay has the most activities and best surf (need to be careful of strong undertows at times) and the public Elbow Beach is also beautiful with many rentals also available. Each one is beautiful in its own way - if you like snorkeling, Tobacco Bay has some amazing areas where beautiful fish abound.. have fun, swiss

Lambs2 was right. Buy a day pass for the the bus system. They are clean, safe and go everywhere. The island is not that big so you can take a tour and just get off if you see a beach that you like. The above noted suggestions of specific beaches were right on. All the best.

• 1 year later...

Archived