Carnival Conquest--Great Time

robtx100

I was a little apprehensive about going to Jamaica and Grand Cayman after reading some posts on here. We had a great time. There were 8 of us (6 gay, 2 straight) on this cruise. The ship was very nice and crew was friendly for the most part. There was a FOD party every night hosted by Marek in the wine/martini bar. We went when it was later, but could not make the 7:15 due to dinner. We never had any issues in Jamaica except for being offered drugs every 10 feet, but we said no thank you and kept walking. We were never followed. We stayed at the Tremont House in Galveston the night before the cruise. It was a beautiful hotel about a block away from Kon Tiki and Undercurrent and where the ship docks. I have lots of photos posted from the cruise in my signature, feel free to browse. We all enjoyed the cruise and highly recommend it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Robtx100 for finally some positive words about being in Jamaica. I have never been on a cruise but I am going June 17th to the Western Caribbean on Conquest. I have tried to talk with some people about what to look for and where to go, that kind of stuff. There are a lot of negative people out there who did not have a good time and I am soo very thankful to finally hear someone say they had a good time. I have almost worked through all of my fears that came to mind about going on the cruise so I am starting to get excited. I wish there was a way to know if there will be any other gay men on the cruise I am going on, but I know me, I will have fun even if there isn't. Thanks again Robtx100

Hey there! My partner and I are going on the Conquest in August. Does anyone have any suggestions for the excursions? We are looking at the canopy ride in Jamaica, the ruins in Mexico, and the sting ray/beach thing in the Caymans. If anybody has any feedback let me know! Thanks!

Hey there! My partner and I are going on the Conquest in August. Does anyone have any suggestions for the excursions? We are looking at .... the sting ray/beach thing in the Caymans. If anybody has any feedback let me know! Thanks!

We did a Grand Cayman itinerary with another couple. Our friends did Stingray City and loved it...said it was probably the best thing theyve ever done in a port. They didnt book it thru the ship.... but signed up at the dock in GC. There were alot of people there selling various excursions.

Archived