Large, Big, Fluffy, Jumbo, Portly, Big Boned, Fat, Plus Sized Cruizers..

indie

Indie,

I am 6' 4" and weigh over 3 bills. This will be my 6th cruise with no problems with chairs. Now leg room on airplanes is another thing! You should have no problems with any chairs on board!

regarding bringing a chair!

Do you want to carry your chair around all day long at port? Are you on a vacation or a prison!:D Just relax and enjoy the vacation you already paid for! you are not the first big guy to cruise! and you will not be the last!!!

Enjoy and relax!!! you be cruzing mon!!

Dear Indie, I am just another adding my 2cents worth. WE will be traveling with another couple that the guy is a big guy, similar to you.He has been on many cruises and has no problems, he does request a table in the dining rooms as opposed to a booth, the theaters have bench seats on the bottom floor, (upper floors are a tight squeeze, I have found) You could check with Carnival, I cruised in a handicapped room with a handicapped friend, to see if there is one available, that is not needed by a handicapped person, I think they have at least 10 handicapped cabins.

Bathrooms in them are very roomy, enough so that my friend could go right in with his scooter and transfer himself to a shower chair.

Anyway, once you get the cruisin bug, you wont want to do any other type of vacation! Have a great time!:D

Indie, we had an inside cabin on the Inspiration--and WE loved the shower--plenty of room for the 2 of us :D so I'm sure you should fit just fine. I love the larger showers on this class of ship.

I used to be big so I do understand. I had the lapband surgery and lost 154# and am now a size ten!! But even so I do always notice the size of chairs and such. It's a hard habit to break. You will be just fine! At least your tall--I'm short and used to look like a beach ball :)

Most of the bars and the theaters have bench seating available so I know that won't be a problem.

I would suggest that when you first board that you go talk to the marti di to see what table you've been assigned to and be sure that it's a table not a booth--and make sure that they have a chair that fits you just right. Then when you come to dinner everything will be all set.

We really enjoy our cruise on the Inspiration. It is a happy busy ship!

Have fun!!

Hey Indie, congrats on school and your wedding...sounds like you are on your way!

Hi, my name is interested and I am a big guy :p

Seriously, i went on conquest last year, and was worried about:

- Muster Drill, the lifejackets fitting - they did, no problem, but god knows if i need one, just my head will be bobbing in the ocean

- dinner seating, I agree, do not do the booths, table is fine, your waiter will gladly get you a chair with no arms, and will have it for you every night, just enjoy!

- seating around the pool is fine, but it is hard to get out of the michelene (sp?) man type chairs, but I too, laugh it off

- if it is the first time on a plane, I am going to guess that you will need a belt extender (Don't fear!), flight attendents can provide those to you after the "cabin talk". No big deal

- Agree, for the shows, hit the ground floor, nice benches, very comfortable, plus you see the show better.

I honestly have not a more relaxing time than my 1st cruise....with your good attidude you will have a blast!

Indie,

I am also a big guy who has been on two Carnival cruises and have only run into two problems.

1) as others have stated, try not to get a booth in the dining room

2) the stupid chairs in the buffet area (Fantasy), you know the silver ones that look like something out of Star Trek, were very hard to sit in, no hip room at all.

I personally would not worry about carrying a chair all around the ship, you will be fine.

Have fun and tell us all about your trip when you come back!! :) :)

Mark

Indie,

I am also a big guy who has been on two Carnival cruises and have only run into two problems.

2) the stupid chairs in the buffet area (Fantasy), you know the silver ones that look like something out of Star Trek, were very hard to sit in, no hip room at all.

I personally would not worry about carrying a chair all around the ship, you will be fine.

Mark

djo, completly agree about those chairs around the back pool, very not-wide! esp if you have a few DOD's in you and you just want some pizza!

Indie,

Hey there....you can also request a chair without arms in the dining room when you eat dinner in the main dining room. If dining on the lido deck they have booths. I second the showering at the gym. We just got off the Liberty and used the spa/gym showers because they were so spacous. The poolside seating also inclues bench seating around the pool. Hey if you want to bring a folding chair go for it it's your vacation. You earned it enjoy your self!

Your going to love cruising have a great time.

Indie,

Mark

Thanks, yeah, im only going to break out the chair if its necessary..I'm definitely not taking it off of the ship lol.

Today i got my size 14 water shoes after much searching. :)

(GIVES THE BIG MAN NOD)

- Muster Drill, the lifejackets fitting - they did, no problem, but god knows if i need one, just my head will be bobbing in the ocean

LOL, WOW i havent even thought about that one. My muster drill might be a newsworthy photo op.:D

Thanks alot!

Indie, we had an inside cabin on the Inspiration--and WE loved the shower--plenty of room for the 2 of us :D so I'm sure you should fit just fine. I love the larger showers on this class of ship.

I used to be big so I do understand. I had the lapband surgery and lost 154# and am now a size ten!! But even so I do always notice the size of chairs and such. It's a hard habit to break. You will be just fine! At least your tall--I'm short and used to look like a beach ball :)

Most of the bars and the theaters have bench seating available so I know that won't be a problem.

I would suggest that when you first board that you go talk to the marti di to see what table you've been assigned to and be sure that it's a table not a booth--and make sure that they have a chair that fits you just right. Then when you come to dinner everything will be all set.

We really enjoy our cruise on the Inspiration. It is a happy busy ship!

Have fun!!

Thanks and congrats on dropping all of that weight. That has to be a real adjustment to make. I told my wife, if i did lose much weight, i'd probably feel like i was in a foreign body. I would still be to shellshocked to even attempt the plastic chairs. lol

Thanks for this thread. My hubby is a weight lifting big man. He was angry that he exceeds the weight limit for a few excursions (he's around 280) and was worried about the size of the bathroom- his shoulder span is pretty wide so he was worried about fitting comfortably (but he's pretty to look at- LOL.)

I will recommend the spa showers for him. He should enjoy that.

I had the same issue. I wanted to do ATV excursions, but i am just over the weight limit for most of them. I also have a broad shoulder span. 62 inches.

when is your cruise and what ship? I will report back on my experience, but I still have a couple of months!

Thanks, yeah, im only going to break out the chair if its necessary..I'm definitely not taking it off of the ship lol.

Today i got my size 14 water shoes after much searching. :)

(GIVES THE BIG MAN NOD)

packing those size 14's. :) My DH is a 13 and it requires quite a few tries to figure out where to stash them. That's why he gets 3 pair, I get 5. :D

Hello indie!

I'm about 5'4" and 330 pounds, so you can guess I'm a big gal. I don't recall a problem with the poolside chairs. I was a little afraid to sit on them but did anyways and they did fine. However don't try moving them once you sat down because they wobbled and I felt my a$$ on the floor was going to be the next thing the people around the pool saw :eek: LOL

I agree with others that those metallic looking chairs on the buffet had no hip room BUT they also had booths.

The lounge chairs were REALLY hard to get up from but I had my boyfriend who pulled me up (and I guess a few muscles on the way) :D

If you have a balcony room: I could NOT for the life of me fit on those chairs on the balcony, but never thought of asking for a different chair. Damn! lol

AND I have a question for all you cruisers: last time (1st cruise) I had the luck that they gave me a chair with no arms. This time I won't leave it up to chance, so where do I go to ask about the seating arrangement???

Archived