Residency rates and C&A discount

junobeach

You can pretend to book a cruise on the RCCL website. By putting in your state (as well as if you are 55 plus or military) you will see discounts if there are any. You can also check Promowave. There are discounts for various states as well as just general discounts. I don't know if the Promowave discounts interface with the general RCCL site. (something I would like to know)

I don't know if they can be combined with the C&A discounts or not. There is a Limited time special for OBC for a cruise on the RCCL site with one of the cruises listed for a Happy Hour Special for next Tues. I was wondering if these could be combined.

I had a cruise booked with my C&A discount applied. I then saw a military rate which was lower and asked my TA to switch it. RCI did so but said the C&A discount would not apply (still saved $90/person even without the C&A discount).

Therefore, I would guess it would be the same if you used the residency rate or +55 rate. Do it both ways and take whichever gives you the better value.

I keep saying this on here so here I go again. Keep checking right up until the cruise. And just because you get one residency discount doesn't mean you won't get another. We were 2 weeks out and got one. Less than a week later there was another residency rate which was like 100.00 more off per person. They didn't even hesitate to give it to me. We ended up with something like 660.00 off.

I keep saying this on here so here I go again. Keep checking right up until the cruise. And just because you get one residency discount doesn't mean you won't get another. We were 2 weeks out and got one. Less than a week later there was another residency rate which was like 100.00 more off per person. They didn't even hesitate to give it to me. We ended up with something like 660.00 off.

When I booked...they didn't say anything about c&a discount OR resident discount...How much are the discounts typically and do I have to ask for them?:confused:

The amount of the discounts vary. On our recent Splendour cruise they had a residency discount for NJ residents which didn't appear on Royal's web site. Fortunately I became aware of it and we saved $200.00 total.

Archived