Freeport & Nass 3/4/07 sensation (mopeds?)

FirstTimer2007

Anyone know if there is a place to rent mopeds, or scooters in Freeport? Any info, would be great. This is my first cruise and first visit to the Bahamas. We will be in freeport for 8am to 5pm (so thats really like 9am to 3pm?!) So any advice or info about this port--> would be great!

I don't recall seeing any moped rental facilities on Grand Bahama Island/Freeport. (Doesn't mean there isn't one, I just don't know of one.) Nassau has some places though.

Moped rentals are one of those activities that those of us in the travel industry ALWAYS caution people not to do. It's extremely dangerous and should you get injured, you're going to be treated in facilities that may not be up to the standards you're used to. In addition, Bahamas is a country where you drive on the left which creates its own dangers if you're not used to it.

BobK/Orlando

As busy as the streets are on Tuesday when the Sensation is there and how tight some of the streets are, I don't think I'd ever attempt a moped in Nassau.

Let us know how you did, if you do decide to brave the crazy Bahamian drivers....:D

Bill

Mopeds tend not to have a heck of a lot of power, so by the time you give it the gas to get out of the way, or try to avoid something, it may be too little to late.

On the flip side, I did witness a couple off the Sensation, who rented a moped in Nassau, and they made it all the way to the Fish Fry, and back.

I think I'll stick to a surry or my own bipedal mobility to get around. Now, if they rented really small cars with a little power, then I'd consider it! :D

Archived