Belize child-friendly tour

drmbldr

We did the Coral Breezes snorkelling when in Belize and there were several children on it. Not sure about as young as 5 but the 11 yo would enjoy it. The kids loved the boat ride out and the water where we snorkelled was about 4 - 5' deep. I did not go out to the reef and just stayed with the boat with several other people. The stingrays are beautiful to see (lots of them too) but it would depend if your 5 and 11 yo like the water and swimming.

Guest Time2gocruzn

Hi! We are also stopping at this port w/ our 21 mth old and 4 yo. I won't be touring the city, and I have heard the zoo is NOT like the zoo's we are used to. We will be taking a water taxi to Caye Caulker for the day. There are a few cayes and caye tours (outlying islands of Belize) and we chose this one because it seems to be the shortest water taxi ride, approx 30 min 1 way. I hear it is a BEAUTIFUL place. Do a Google search under images for Caye Caulker and see for yourself. I am also looking for a tour that combines time on Caye Caulker w/ snorkeling, (but with more beach time that snorkeling) as Belize is one of the best places in the world to snorkle, but I haven't found exactly what I am looking for yet. Honestly, it sounds like the cave tubing thing is the best thing there, and we can't do that, so this is really the only other option for us. Check out the Belize port of call board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109

My sis and I went to the zoo last year in Belize. It is not what we are used to because it is better!!! The cages were put up around the animals natural habitats. The paths are kind of just woven through the forest. You get very close to the exihibits. The only draw back was there was a lot more hiding places for the animals since they did not change anything about their natural habitats. I think your kids would like the zoo alot. We really enjoyed it. We went through ***** and their operators are VERY knowledgable and VERY personable. It is also not an expensive excursion so you could go and then wander around after.

We loved the zoo, but cannot imagine doing it with such a young child. Belieze does not have the tourist infrastructure that Cozumel has. The zoo is extraordinary. The animals are mostly in habitats, so many are difficult to see. Belieze is truly in the tropics. I live in central Florida, and found the environs to be hot hot hot.

IF your child is an independent swimmer and can handle being unexpectedly in the water then, tubing might be the way to go. Tubes can and do capsize. It has happened to me (though not in the caves in question.) Finding a beach just might be the way to go.

Just got back from the belize cave tubing. My son is 11 and we had not planned on our daughter doing it because she is 7 but one of the adults had to have emergency surgery 5 days before leaving for the cruise. I contacted xstream and they were ok with my daughter doing it, but it was difficult in parts and the guide had to take her down the entire trip. If I did it again i would not bring her. My son who is 11 had a great time.

Guest Time2gocruzn

Thanks stevencindy! I'll check that out. Mabey I'll leave grandma on the beach with the little ones, and me, dh and gpa can do the snorkeling, and meet them back there. That is sort of what I am looking for. I don't want the kids stuck in the boat for a snorkeling excursion that lasts too long. Do you know how long the snorkeling part is? Edited to say I checked out the website and it sounds PERFECT! Very flexible, and lots of options, plus they have observer rates, so gma can go too! Thanks again!!

My wife, 24 month old (in January), and I will be going to the zoo in Belize in January. We have gone to a real interesting zoo before in Hefei, China (in our daugher's home provience). There you are caged in with the tame animals (deers, peacocks, etc.). The more wild animals (monkeys, tigers, etc.) are caged in.

Archived