Coral Questions

Coolcruise02

What deck is the running track on and is it the whole deck or part?

What is the "splash pool" on the top deck like?

What is the aft "splash pool" like?

What is served at the Outdoor Grille?

On the Panamal cruise is there anything of interest at Colon? I think our stop is only 3 hours.

Thanks in advance for all answers! :)

What deck is the running track on and is it the whole deck or part?

What is the "splash pool" on the top deck like?

What is the aft "splash pool" like?

What is served at the Outdoor Grille?

On the Panamal cruise is there anything of interest at Colon? I think our stop is only 3 hours.

Thanks in advance for all answers! :)

We were on the Coral last January...

What deck is the running track on and is it the whole deck or part? I saw many people use the Promenade deck. Yes, it is all around the deck: 2.8 times around = 1 mile.

What is the "splash pool" on the top deck like? I'd say it looks like a big "foot bath". It is only 6 to 12" deep and it has a bench all around. It's not really a pool...

What is the aft "splash pool" like? Do you mean the "Pelican pool" ? If so, it is a larger pool (also deeper) than the splash pool on the top deck. Kinda like the "sea view pool" on the Dawn/Sun ships...

What is served at the Outdoor Grille? Hot dogs, hamburgers, cheese burgers...

On the Panamal cruise is there anything of interest at Colon? When we were there, we stayed at the pier. There is a little shopping mall where you will find many local souvenirs... so, I can't say if there is something of interest there...

Hope this help !

Alain R.

On the Panamal cruise is there anything of interest at Colon? I think our stop is only 3 hours. :)

When you reach Panama, the ship goes through the Gatun Locks into Gatun Lake. Pax who have chosen an excursion leave the ship here and are tendered to shore to join their various excursions. Those who choose not to go on an excursion stay on board and go back through the Gatun Locks and dock at Colon. The ship waits there for the excursions to return (by bus) to the ship. The city of Colon is not a great place to visit, but there is an interesting mall in the port. The usual souveniers, and some locals dancing or playing music. There are a few very interesting excursions in Panama. I suggest you look them over before you decide on whether to join one or stay on board. Hope this helped

I was on the Coral just this last Feb. and at Colon we got off the ship, tendered to land and took the Ocean to Ocean tour. They take you by boat (around 200 passengers) and you go through the other 2 locks until you reach the Pacific Ocean. A bus will pick you up, take you back and then you are tendered to the ship. It was one of the most enjoyable excursions that I took. You got to be on the Coral(big ship) going through the Gatun Locks and a smaller boat going through the other locks. It was a great prospective to see two different sizes of ship going through the canal. Also many people on our cruise took the train ride. I cannot compare that trip but of what I heard everyone enjoyed it. Hope this helps.

Marilyn

I was told by a Princess rep that the stop at Colon was cancelled for our 2/26/05 (and others after some previous date) 10-day RT cruise on the Coral Princess out of Ft. Lauderdale. Has anyone heard of this? What will the effect be on the shore excursions, particularly the Ocean-to-Ocean boat trip?

Any info will be appreciated.

Oledave

The likelihood is that your ship will stop in Cristobal instead of Colon. It is a Panama Canal cruise and has to stop in one or the other. The Cristobal port also has a shopping area at the port. We took the Ocean to Ocean .... it's a great tour! We were on the Island and it docked in Cristobal.

The Princess rep told me that there would be no stop at all for the Panama Canal...any excursions would be accomodated via tender, but no specifics about when/where or which excusions would actually be offered.

Oledave

Does this information apply to all of the Coral's Canal cruises?

We are going on the Thanksgiving cruise. I'm wondering if this applies to us.

Any info anyone can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Debbie

Sounds like maybe they will drop anchor in Gatun Lake and wait there for the pax who tendered in for an excursion, then do the return through the locks after those pax are tendered back to the ship. That's the only answer I can see....we leave in Oct. I think I will call the rep to find out for sure.

I just checked with a Princess Rep regarding our 10/31 Coral cruise to the Panama Canal. The itinerary on my Cruise Personalizer shows only a day at the Panama Canal and doesn't specify a port call....this is different from the original personalizer itin. which did list Colon as a port call. According to the rep, this cruise will stop at Gatun Lake, tender to shore those pax who are going on excursions, and then go back through the locks and dock at Colon where the ship will wait for those on excursions to return. This is the norm for this cruise, but it was a bit unusual to list the Panama Canal without specifying a port call. So, we'll see. I really don't see how they can do the partial transit without a stop at Colon or Cristobal. Perhaps they have dropped the stop at Colon on the full transit, which would make more sense.

My TA said that we should wait and see because Princess has been changing around their schedules lately. I am not too worried about the canal since we are planning to book a princess excursion. I just hope they don't change our other ports if we plan to book excusions on our own, not through the ship. I found out that on our cruise (12/28) they will be reversing the port dates for Cozumel and Belize.

Archived