Car Service/Shuttle FLL to Miami Pier?

ginadice

Hi - Hoping to get some help from the experts!!

Does anyone know of a car service or shuttle service from Fort Lauderdale airport to the pier in Miami? I am hoping to find something reputable and with a reasonable price. I know I can do the RCCL transfers but thought I might be able to find something else.

We are going to be sailing the Majesty in mid May.

Any asistance would be really appreciated.

Right outside the aiport is the tri-county shuttle, you will see the people with the name on their shirts. It is 18$ per person and much easier than the transfers since they wait until the bus fills up. We have used them several times and will be again next month.

We booked with "Port of Miami Shuttle" after reading good things about them here. We are arriving the day before so we're having them pick us up at Ft. Lauderdale airport, bring us to our Miami hotel (Marriott), pick us up the next morning to go to the pier, and then bring us back to Ft. Lauderdale airport after the cruise. It was around $200 total for 4 of us including all fees/tolls/tips. It probably would have been a little less expensive to use a combination of rental cars and taxis but this seemed so much easier and not much more expensive.

• 2 months later...

I had a friend who had a party of 11 and they just used Holland Limo. They had a van large enough for all 11 and their luggage, and it was $135 each way (including the gratuity).

We did Larrry's Limo, they were great. Booked a 6 passenger and they arrived with a 10 passenger stretch for us (no extra charge). It was a little over 200.00 round trip. We had 5 in our party. You can go to their website and get a quote. They were right there when we arrived back from the cruise at 9:00 am. No waiting. It was great.

We used them two weeks ago... they handled everything... 10 people from MIA airport to Holiday Inn Bayside..... 33 people from Holiday Inn to ship and 20 people from Port of MIA to FLL... they had the best prices.... the service was without a flaw.... they were waiting for us at each leg. I will def. use them again

I've noticed a lot of people posting have had large parties. For our cruise this fall, it's just going to be 2 of us. We are doing the same thing, landing at FLL airport and going to a hotel in Miami. Then coming off the ship we will need to get back to FLL rather quickly (we ended up with an earlier than I'd like flight). What is the best way (& most economical) of doing this when you just have 2 people?

I've noticed a lot of people posting have had large parties. For our cruise this fall, it's just going to be 2 of us. We are doing the same thing, landing at FLL airport and going to a hotel in Miami. Then coming off the ship we will need to get back to FLL rather quickly (we ended up with an earlier than I'd like flight). What is the best way (& most economical) of doing this when you just have 2 people?

I would love to hear some suggestions as well. There is just 2 of us and we are flying into FLL and boarding LOS on May 26 in Miami. I was wondering what type of shuttle would be best or would a taxi be better?

I would love to hear some suggestions as well. There is just 2 of us and we are flying into FLL and boarding LOS on May 26 in Miami. I was wondering what type of shuttle would be best or would a taxi be better?

As I generally go solo I am in the same boat and my most recent experience was as follows:

Cruiseline transfers will run around $25-$30 pp each way.(Carnival was charging $30)

Tri-County does a shared ride for $18 pp to port of Miami, for the return another company will do the shared ride for $20pp. You will be approached by this other concern when you arrive at the port of Miami and be ginen a color coded sticker if you wish to use their service for the return to the airport.

Taxi will run about $75 each way, so I have been told.

There are private/exclusive use options available but from other posts I think you can get an idea of the cost of these.

Bottom line, most cost efficient way is the shared ride.

I used Tri-County going and the cruiseline bus for the return as I was not to clear as to how the shuttle provided by the other company was operating but as you leave the baggage claim area they do have have representatives holding up a placard with the various color stickers attached to direct you to the shuttles and this is what I will use next time.

Good luck with your plans and have a great cruise.

The shuttles that Sue L mentioned would probably be most cost effective for 2 people. We've used easyexpress.biz a couple of times and were happy with the service. $19.95pp from MIA to FLL or reverse. We called when we arrived and they were there in 5 minutes. It's a shared van ride, we were last in so no waiting.

Ambassador Travel - We received TOP SERVICE for our party of 12 last month. FLL to Miami hotel area and Miami Port to FLL.

http://www.myambassadorlimo.com/contactus.htm

Due to the weather in the NE they ran late for our FLL Pickup. They upgraded us from an Explorer Limo to a Hummer Limo. For our return trip they arrived promptly at the pier for pickup with an unexpected upgrade from the Van that we booked to an Explorer Limo!

IMG_2106.jpg

Archived