Tripped and fell because of broken door

Viki

Vicki, We just returned from the 7-16 Voyager and noticed in the car ride home that one piece of luggage was damaged. I called RCCL and they told me to get luggage fixed if $50 or less they would pay. I was given a contact person in Customer Relations to fax bill to.Any difference sounds like it's covered by our travel ins.

Sorry, if I did not make myself clear. I did fill out the Personal Property report onboard. This form was geared toward lost or damaged lugggage so I don't know if it is the form that I needed.

colette5479

We had smooth sailing and did not notice any vibration. We usually book a cabin on the Main deck but booked a cabin on deck 9 to be close to the kid's club. My grandson loves the kid's club. He wanted to stay with the kids the entire cruise. He is 8 years old and this was his 5th cruise. His first 2 cruises was on Disney but he always wants to go back on the Sovereign.

Thanks for the information! My 10 year old loves the programs and I am hoping the 4 year old will have fun, too! I am always worried about excessive rocking/vibrations because of our first cruise on Carnival Jubilee. It vibrated the whole time and I was dizzy for a week afterwards! I am looking very forward to our cruise! I hope to see you post a review!

Per the cruise contract you have six months. And if you sue, it has to be in a court in Miami.

The cruise contract does not apply because individual states have their own laws as to what the status of limitations are for seeking damages in a claims court. States laws allow you individual rights that supercede any contract agreement.

I said that she would need to follow up with the Attorney Generals Office of Flordia.

My policy regarding the Purser's Desk: "If a situation arises where you will need to visit the purser for resolution, don't." Assume you are totally out of luck, and you will save yourself a lot of stress. Sad, but it works for me.

Hi Viki:

I just saw your picture of the missing carpet. Come on...the missing carpet is so obvious, how could you have not seen it? Then, you admitted that you felt it was your fault and you picked your embarrassed self up and went to the cabin to nurse your bruises. It wasn't until you realized that your valuable camera was damaged, that you decided to tell someone about it. Why? Why did you admit that it was your fault, then decide that the cruise line owes you somehow? Buy yourself a new camera and be more careful when and where you walk. Did anyone else on your cruise experience this problem with the missing carpet? Here is a quick story. I was on the Rhapsody of the Seas a month ago and one of the automatic doors kept getting stuck halfway...it would open then close quickly. It was obvious that this door was malfunctioning and unbelievably, people were still trying to use that door, taking the chances of getting injured. And what was outrageous is that no one reported it until I finally did, after witnessing what I saw. When appoaching the door, anyone who was paying attention could clearly see that it was malfunctioning. A ship is large and it may take time to get the maintenance crew to that location of the ship. In the meantime, people need to be more careful and use caution. But that is too much to ask out of some people. The crew will have to close off the area and put out "caution" signs and put orange cones everywhere. What is this world coming to?

Fausto

Sorry Viki, I don't mean to be so blunt about it...

FinelyCruising: That seems very possible, now that I think it through further. I remember reading something somewhere that made it clear that, unlike real estate agents, who represent the seller, travel agents represent the buyer, so the transaction legally takes place in the domicile of the seller, not the travel agent.

Archived