Could this mean more Carnival ships in Bermuda?

OhioJeff

I know at present Carnival sends one ship a year to Bermuda in Mid-April. This article talks about a new and larger dock being built. I would love to visit Bermuda, but the current Itinerary doesnt excite me.

http://www.theroyalgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070217/NEWS/102170181

capital expenditures includes $20 million for a new cruise ship pier in Dockyard.

The new dock will accommodate the much larger Panamax vessels, which one travel agent said was always good news.

The agent, who did not want to be named, said: “The more tourists we can get here the better and I think that Carnival is trying to bring a ship in and they are always larger than the ones we usually have.

I know at present Carnival sends one ship a year to Bermuda in Mid-April. This article talks about a new and larger dock being built. I would love to visit Bermuda, but the current Itinerary doesnt excite me.

http://www.theroyalgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070217/NEWS/102170181

capital expenditures includes $20 million for a new cruise ship pier in Dockyard.

The new dock will accommodate the much larger Panamax vessels, which one travel agent said was always good news.

The agent, who did not want to be named, said: “The more tourists we can get here the better and I think that Carnival is trying to bring a ship in and they are always larger than the ones we usually have.

Even if they built the dock it would still be lousy. I took the Pride to Bermuda a few years back and it was not worth it.

Bermuda is a great island,but docking at the dockyard is lousy.If you could dock downtown it would be fantastic.The main problem is transportation and distance from anything. Picture the island as a big letter "C". Downtown is in the middle and all smaller ships dock inside the "C" right in the middle.The dockyard is at the very end of the "C".

STeve

We LOVED parking the Pride at the Dockyard for three days! You didn't have all those short stays, and making sure you got back in time, and time for one tour only. You could get back ANY time of day or night, you could go one place on the island one day, and another two or three places the next! And, there was an outdoor basketball court in the dockyard - games going on most times. AND there was a great pub right off the ship, AND a three-day pass for ALL the transportation (buses and ferries) was CHEAP! And yet, there were still several places we wanted to see... And those pink sand beaches - wow. And waking up and going out on the balcony to view Hamilton across the bay...

Just the best destination, and a great way to see Bermuda and still have the great room and great dining to come "home" to each night.

AND there was a great pub right off the ship

The name of the pub was the Frog and Onion. It was awesome. Being docked there for 3 days was great. Every night we would meet a lot of the crew members at the Frog and Onion had some good times drinking and getting to know them outside of the ship environment.

We took the Pride to Bermuda and LOVED it. It was July, and the three days docked in Dockside were marvelous. To boot, we had an aft cabin, with a southerly view, so it was like having the best hotel room on the island on the water. Peaceful, beautiful sunrises and sunsets, and easy transportation right there at our service. It was hard leaving the balcony to go to bed!

166677375rHZiYr_th.jpg

I was disappointed Carnival only has been going there in April (TOO COLD), so while I'm waiting, I've been taking the Explorer there, but it is unfortunately only 5 days.

Archived