Looking for news on remaining 2008 schedule

WestchesterCruiseFan

I know it's usually some time in April when the remaining schedules are released but, I'm specifically looking (and hoping) that Queen Mary 2 will return to NYC for a Christmas/New Year's sailing in 2008/2009. By any chance, does anyone know if this will happen?

I wouldn't hold your breath; they've only just started pushing the 2007/2008 season:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/02-15-2007/0004528279&EDATE=

This might suggest that they are not selling as well as they would like....or it could just be part of their business plan, with the Trans-Atlantics selling well, so time to plug something else......

Peter

I know it's usually some time in April when the remaining schedules are released but, I'm specifically looking (and hoping) that Queen Mary 2 will return to NYC for a Christmas/New Year's sailing in 2008/2009. By any chance, does anyone know if this will happen?

Thanks!

As the poster above said, it's going to be wait and see... Like you, I am also hoping that Cunard will return QM2 or even QV to New York for a Christmas/New Year's sailing for 2008-09. I know they had QM2 in New York for the 2005-06 holiday sailing, then moved it down to Florida for this past 2006-07 holiday sailings (of which there were two, you had to book a back to back if you wanted both Christmas and New Year's aboard). Now, once again for the 2007-08 Christmas/New Year's sailing on QM2 is out of New York for 14 nights. Whether that implies it sells better out of NY for that particular sailing is yet to be seen but, as I said, I'm hoping right along with you!

As the poster above said, it's going to be wait and see... Like you, I am also hoping that Cunard will return QM2 or even QV to New York for a Christmas/New Year's sailing for 2008-09. I know they had QM2 in New York for the 2005-06 holiday sailing, then moved it down to Florida for this past 2006-07 holiday sailings (of which there were two, you had to book a back to back if you wanted both Christmas and New Year's aboard). Now, once again for the 2007-08 Christmas/New Year's sailing on QM2 is out of New York for 14 nights. Whether that implies it sells better out of NY for that particular sailing is yet to be seen but, as I said, I'm hoping right along with you!

I would have to agree with your logic that NY might sell better than Florida for the Christmas/New Year's sailings - had QM2 been available from NYC this past holiday season of 2006-2007, we would have surely booked. Instead, we were forced into NCL due to scheduling...it was ok but just not Cunard. We have booked RCCL Explorer of the Seas for this year (the December 23 sailing) because we have some young people joining us and felt it would be a better fit for them, but, long to be on QM2 instead...

So, after a two year break from Cunard at Christmas/New Year's you can add me to the list who hopes a ship will be available from NYC for the 2008-2009 Christmas/New Year's sailing...

I do hope they release the schedule in April and not June as has happened in the past...

I do think that Cunard screwed up by not having a Xmas holiday sailing from New York last year. My wife and I would certainly have booked, which is why as soon as I received the brochure 8 months ago listing the Xmas December 2007 QM2 sailing from New York I called my travel agent and booked. On previous Xmas cruises from New York we have met a number of 'regulars'. If you live in New York and the NE US, traveling to Florida to board a cruise ship at that time of year holds few attractions and adds significantly to the cost. I think the proof was last years holiday schedule where they originally schedule two seven day sailings from Fort Lauderdale and then later covered it up as 'a 14 day holiday cruise' - making 3 stops in Fort Lauderdale in 14 days!

Any chance it would be later than June that they release the schedules? We absolutely planning on a extended family cruise during the holidays for 2008/09 and are hoping that we can book sooner rather than later. Like all of you, we prefer NY on QM2 but, we'll take what we can get out of the NYC area...

I am another who is waiting impatiently for the 2008 schedules, though in my case it is to make a B2B transatlantic cruise. It seems that almost no cruise lines have anything showing after April of 2008 .

It is so strange they claim they want us to "book early" (every cruise lines says that) yet when you wish to do so, you are told "it is too early to book yet".

I will just hope they get them out before I leave on my April 2007 Princess cruise as I would like to get the transatlantic 2008 settled before then.

I guess my name should be "an eager beaver"

Word has it that the remainder of Cunard's 2008 itineraries will be released by the end of February.Ken

That would certainly explain the raft of emails I've had from TAs saying BOOK NOW!!! BOOK BEFORE FEBRUARY 28!!!! Get current inventory shifted before bringing in the new stuff.....

Peter

My wife and I were in the same situation last year. There was nothing released after the end of the World Cruise which ends in FLL on April 2. We were trying to plan a holiday with my parents and suspected the first voyage after the World Cruise would be a Caribbean one, which my parents had preferred. So we waited, and waited. Called Cunard and was told the same February story you have been told. The schedule was not released until April, and we booked the day it was released. Sure enough, April 2 is a Caribbean voyage. Anyhow, they told us end of Feb, but it was end of March until it was released.

i have booked a single cabin on the rms queem elizabeth 2 for

the april 12, 2008 transatlantic crossing. i will be on deck 3

admidships. this will be my first of many things.

first to cross the atlantic, first time on a cunard liner and first

time to england and europe.

after a wonderful crossing on qe2 i will be spending a week in

and around london.

i will be buying a train pass here in the u.s.a. that will allow me to

travel around the southeast of england. cost me $187 for 7 days.

regal2 I am sure you will have a great first crossing and cruise on the QE2 on the ebound April crossing in 08. I too am booked on this crossing, this being my 8th time onboard & 4th crossing.

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

• 2 weeks later...
A new image on the Cunard images web library:

http://www.cunardimages.com/main.asp

They are also starting to represent the QV more accurately - the deckhouse on the bow - the size of the grills....

Peter

That's a very nice rendering of the QV with Venice as the backdrop. I'd imagine we'll see that in the new brochures when they come out.

I phoned 3 TA's for 2008 B2B2B sailings on QM2 (First leg is already listed in present brochure, third leg is listed in the World Cruise brochure)

TA #1 Asked "why would you want to go to Caribbean on QM2 when there

are other cruises from right here in Florida" Nuff said

TA #2 Said "there is no information available at this time concerning any

2008 cruise" Again nuff said

TA #3 Gave me price of first leg and the third leg , and promised to obtain

price for the second leg by Monday.

According to TA #3 Cunard is listing the 2008 prices and schedules to their staff tomorrow (Thursday). TA expects to hear from "source " on Friday, hence the "I will phone you Monday " answer.

OK You want it, you got it. I received a list today with Cunard 2008 schedule. It might be preliminary.

BIG NEWS: QE2 list ends with 15 day MED cruise Oct 27. List for the other ships goes to end of year, so far as I can see. I have no reason provided as to why. I asked back.

QE2 has 1 visit to West side of Atlantic in SEPT for Autumn colors. NY, newport and Boston on the list.

JAN 08 is the only visit to USA for QV on the schedule I have.

QV does QE2 type trips in Europe.

All sail from Southampton except 4 in August/September from several MED ports.

QV has mostly 12-14 day trips. 1 4 in May. Christmas is 22 day P&O type trip to Azores and Caribbean.

QM2 has just 5 non-trans trips from April to OCT. (I'll need to recount this.) July 4 is a 6 day headed north. 1 trans again to Germany.

This was done in sort of a hurry at the end of the day, but I know we all want anything we can find.

BIG NEWS: QE2 list ends with 15 day MED cruise Oct 27. List for the other ships goes to end of year, so far as I can see. I have no reason provided as to why. I asked back.

Cue KenC in (possibly premature) victory dance.....though of course possibly the QE2 has a long voyage to South America or South Africa she has done in the past.....

Peter

Archived