Will the upgrade fairy visit?

gomomgo

We are on the Grand Mar 31 and all of the interior, ocean view, mini suites and most of the suites are "wait list only" (most balconies are available). Does that increase our chances of being upgraded (we are obstructed ocean view right now-E605)? What are your experiences with a cruise that looks to be quite full?

There is nothing that will increase your chances of an upgrade. You can cross your fingers, but that is about the most you can do.

Princess will have flash promotions (available to new bookings only) to fill those empty balcony cabins and all will depend on IF there are any left.

Upgrades still occur, but not as frequently as they used to.

Hope you are one of the lucky ones, but the best thing is to just book the cabin you really want from the beginning. Too many find disappointment when they get no visit from that upgrade fairy.

I think people who book guarantees get upgraded first, and I also think the earlier you booked the more likely to be upgraded( since you probaly paid a higher fare ).

Never give up hope, I have been upgraded 2 out of 2 times on Princess and never on Carnival.

Good luck!

I think people who book guarantees get upgraded first, and I also think the earlier you booked the more likely to be upgraded( since you probaly paid a higher fare ).

Never give up hope, I have been upgraded 2 out of 2 times on Princess and never on Carnival.

Good luck!

With 15 cruises with Princess we've been upgraded 4 times. None of which were guarantees. Everytime we've selected a guarantee we end up in that catagory. If there's a system that Princess uses to determine who is upgraded and who is not, it's news to me!

But I always hope for an upgrade. Hope you get one too!:D

Archived