Has Anyone...

Stircrzy

...boarded with an expired Passport?

The Carnival site says "expired less than 10 years", and mine has been expired for about a month. I don't want to get to the ship and be turned away because they haven't updated their website or something.

Thanks in advance!

Well, mine will be expiring the month after we cruise, but I don't plan on renewing anytime soon... I seriously don't think you will have any problems. I know one of the couples we sailed with last year used expired passports and had no problem... It is stated in their documentation requirements, and I would think if something major such as that changed, they would surely update the site with the new info...

I'm not planning on renewing mine anytime soon either...too unstable anywhere I'd want to travel that would need it nowdays, IMHO.

I turn 50 (gee...is that number as BIG as it looks?? Oh well...better than dead.) during my cruise (Aug 29-Sept 5 on the Elation), and I don't know if I can find that old, old birth certificate. I'd have to dig through 25 years of junk in this house.

Thanks for the input!

I know the Carnival brochure now says they will accept an expired passport within 10 years of its expiration date, but one time I was boarding and they gave me a hard time. :confused:

This was pre 9/11.

They let me on, noting on my boarding pass that I had not proven citizenship, and was told me I would be responsible for any consequenses.:mad: :( :mad:

Call Carnival just to make sure. Two years ago while at the airport waiting to board the plane, I thought I would make one more check on the families birth certificates. Thank god I did! I had two for my son and none for my daughter. I called Carnival in a panic and they told me that if we arrived without an original birth certificate, my daughter would not be able to board the ship. I had to call a family member to run it in at 6 a.m. He wasn't a happy camper. Luckily it was a Saturday morning and no traffic on the roads. Better to be safe than sorry, so call. This time I'm taking her passport and a birth certificate.

Doesn't look like you'll have any problems getting on board the ship. According to the information I found, you can still [b]re-enter[/b] the country on an expired passport. That would be my biggest concern.

Archived